• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Source : Ben Fryer on twitter.

Chris Phillips tweeting deal not quite done though (he doesnt name who it is though)

[video=youtube;dBfaD6zePTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfaD6zePTQ[/video]

Sheffield Wednesday @swfc
24m
Dave Jones: "We have agreed to loan Lavery to Southend" #swfc

Great, another youngster! We need some experience! I mean who is he? Is he any good?
It's a risk but I suppose people were saying the same thing when Britt arrived...........let's hope he can have the same impact. Interesting that we were also after the Millwall midfielder, will please many on here that Luggy believes it's an area we need to strengthen........even if this particular loan didn't come off.

According to a Wednesday fan he's shown some promise in the stiffs.

"Suppose to be one for the future,got on the bench a couple of times but didnt end up coming on.Really hope he shows what a good prospect he is gunna be by banging in a few for southend."

*sigh* Another Striker......We need another midfielder and a LB well before this guy!!

Good luck n'all, but how is he going to score if the supply line is weak?

Another Jonson Clarke-Harris all over again if you ask me.....

Is this really what we need at the moment ?

If he was big un in the Barry Corr mould , then i could understand it , but he's a kid of 5 foot 11 so i dont see him filling the "number 9 " role that we need cover for. We have plenty of smaller strikers already...... Even more under whelmed than the Spillane signing .

...... but i do trust in Sturrock so i wish him well ..... but he's no Paul Benson

*sigh* Another Striker......We need another midfielder and a LB well before this guy!!

Good luck n'all, but how is he going to score if the supply line is weak?

Another Jonson Clarke-Harris all over again if you ask me.....

Give the lad a chance , he's not even here yet and you're already questioning how he's going to score :winking:

He is one in a hundred

Youngsters who have failed;
- Nathaniel Jarvis
- Antonio German
- johnson Clarke-Harris

Why isnt Theo Robinson on that list ?

Is this really what we need at the moment ?

If he was big un in the Barry Corr mould , then i could understand it , but he's a kid of 5 foot 11 so i dont see him filling the "number 9 " role that we need cover for. We have plenty of smaller strikers already...... Even more under whelmed than the Spillane signing .

...... but i do trust in Sturrock so i wish him well ..... but he's no Paul Benson

We are actually very light up front at the moment.

Tomlin.
Britt- injured and struggling to get back
Eastwood - Injured
Corr- Struggles to play two in a row.
Harris - Just returned from injury
Benyon - Bengone ?

#EastStandBlueGetsItRightAgain

Ha. Just an educated guess, I assure you :winking:

I don't think too many comparisons can be made with Britt. Although Britt's actually younger than Lavery, we're the third club to benefit from Britt's services. He had senior experience prior to coming here, and Watford have been careful in his development.

That said, there's nothing that should prohibit Lavery from performing here. This is exactly what the newly-founded U21 competition is supposed to do; prepare young players with potential for competitive football by placing them in a similar environment. Wednesday have used their U21 side to bring senior players back to fitness too, so he'll have played with and against some seasoned professionals. Although he hasn't been amongst the goals, I gather he's been a continual thorn in opposition sides when he's played.

but he's no Paul Benson

He's not costing us what Benson would, either...

Back