• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ...... Carlisle

Mick

Life President
For our latest "must win" match we have Andy Woolmer from Northampton. He is a very short referee with even shorter hair and, as shorter officials sometimes do, he has the capacity to be slightly officious. He is in his 6th year as a League referee and pays his 6th visit to Roots Hall, the previous 5 producing three wins, a draw and a defeat. His most recent visit was the League Cup tie at home to Cheltenham when he booked 2 from each side (he didn't book Macca ...... but then he wasn't playing!). Prior to that it was the dead game at the end of the previous season against Port Vale and, in the same season, Millwall at home. I have no particular recollections of that game other than how bad Millwall were.

His first visit however is somewhat more memorable as it was the Boston match when he sent off Darryl (for being taller (slightly) than him) and heralded the appearance of Tes the Cat (...... his name is Tes the Cat, he plays for Montserrat - actually when I last heard, Tes was an occasional player for Felixstowe.)

His 23 matches this season have produced 58 yellows and just the one red - all pretty average.

Assisting will be David Buck from Gravesend and Keith Yeo from South Ockendon with Gary Jerden from Orsett on the numbers board.

I think I would have preferred a newby.

His Mum and Dad (I believe) were sitting in front of me. Told me to shut up as he sent off Barrett.
His MUM & DAD? now that does surprise me, i was convinced that he did not have a Dad.
He was, in my opinion, the worst referee we have had for a couple of seasons.

Back