• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cat up a tree

Aberdeen Shrimper

I always thought it was an old wives tail that cats climb trees and get stuck, but i have just spent an hour trying to help the next door neighbour get there cat out of a tree.

I suggested getting out the hose pipe and shooting it down but she was having none of it.

We tried everything, food, shacking the tree, cat biscuits. I tried to climb the tree but it was one of those large conifers with spindly branches so no chance. Eventually a head emerged about 25/30 foot up the tree, poor little thing looked petrified. Then with one brave but pensive looking pounce it leaped out the tree and adopted what can only be described as a bat like flying shape and..................................

Thud on the patio, we looked down at it for a few seconds........Gulp!!!

Then as if nothing had happened it sauntered over to its bowl of food and started munching away.

Quality evenings entertainment

:clap:

Reason is the shape of their claws. Cats can dig their claws into the tree to climb it but they have no grip when descending. Hence reluctance to descend.

Reason is the shape of their claws. Cats can dig their claws into the tree to climb it but they have no grip when descending. Hence reluctance to descend.

Why don't they just come down backwards?

6 or 7 storeys I think is is the best hieght to lob a cat from.. any higher is just a waste of leg work on the stairs as they reach terminal velocity.. one stuck in trees should be left.. Hunger is a great motivator.. or if they die they tend to fall out anyway.

Back