• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Championship next year anyone ???

weststander

Manager
Before you read this, please understand it is I dont think for one minute that it will happen, but..........

Just been reading the BBC website and i know that this is a complete shot in the dark but ........ If Sheffield United are reinstated to the Premiership and they run with an extra team, as suggested, coud we be reinstated to the Championship ???

Just think how sick the Ewes fans woul feel, they've been gloating over our relegation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6716185.stm

but then league 1 will be minus 1 team why would they even up the championship in the expense of league 1? nice idea though

I can't see it happening at all , but Leeds would be the one 's who would be most gutted , as they really finished above us in terms of points , before they did there sly stunt at the end of the season

It would unbalance the whole league structure so I really cant see it happening.

And McCabe is a ****!

Wouldnt want to be re-instated to be honest..

Id rather earn the right, we will be the mocking boys if it happened.

Wouldnt want to be re-instated to be honest..

Id rather earn the right, we will be the mocking boys if it happened.
you're right but it could be like a film in which we get laughed at and mocked at every stadium but after a while our teams grit and determination and our amazing fans earn us respect from our peers and we become heros. We scrape into play offs with a 5-1 thrashing over col ewe to send them down and get to wembley which is filled with 45,000 ecstatic shrimpers as ray parlour scores the goal to take us into the championship
*wakes up*
would an extra team get relegated next year or would they take away the play offS?

would an extra team get relegated next year or would they take away the play offS?

Thats the thing it would mess everything up.

I reckon they would have an extra team go down from the Prem and how funny would it be if it was Sheff United? But on the other hand how ****ed would the team be that went down finishing fourth from bottom!

It wont happen.

I sincerely doubt they'd run a division with an extra team, it would cause chaos in the league structure below the premiership.

Sheff U are just gonna have to stop bitching and get on with life in the championship.

Back