• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like(Not personally,similarly !!) Fat Grandad am exiled in the West of Ireland and have received a mail saying I have a refund to my subscription but no further info so was mystified .Now we know why.

As have read todays Echo on line have a poser for you

Stobart talking about rekindling the flight from Southend to Dublin. I am ten minutes from Shannon airport and so potentially in flying distance of Home !and the Hall or F.F.
Shannon also has US preclearance facilities,a first class airport and less crowded than Dublin plus the delights of The West of Ireland .
Please start a campaign for Stobart to fly to Shannon instead.

It's Flybe that will be running the service, but if it is as infrequently used by passengers as last time the route will die again very quickly. Shannon? Two hopes, Bob and No.

Don't celebrate too much. Ireland appears not to be included, I assume because Sky own the rights to Football League live games in the UK & Ireland.
Well duck me, so the excitement still barely lasted longer than the third Bristol goal!

Is it certain that Ireland is excluded? I use a paid-for VPN, so might have to try that out on it.

Deflated of Kerry

It's illegal to show live football between 3pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday afternoon in the UK, whether it is an online stream, TV or whatever.

The law only applies in the UK and not abroad hence why for example, if the clásico is played at 3pm on a Saturday, Sky have to wait and show it "as live" at 5:15.

VPN would be the only way round it for anyone desperate to do it from elsewhere in the UK, but finding a reliable one can be easier said than done and end up costing too.

Honestly if every game was available to stream I'd be in favour of scrapping that law, this would be a great way to attract new fans. Sure in the short term it might hurt attendances but if kids can watch their local team online every week we might see more of them choosing to support Southend instead of a premier league team.

I imagine around July time I'll be fishing round for 5-6 other Southend fans who want to club in together and get a super high quality VPN package we can share.

Well duck me, so the excitement still barely lasted longer than the third Bristol goal!

Is it certain that Ireland is excluded? I use a paid-for VPN, so might have to try that out on it.

Deflated of Kerry

My reading of the email and of the announcement on the website is that Ireland won't be included. I'm not getting my hopes up about a VPN either - these same guys used to stream all Premier League games out in a package to customers in New Zealand but they blocked off all VPN use midway through the 15/16 season. They blocked accessing the NFL Gamepass with a VPN turned on last year too. It's possible that a really good one might work but unfortunately it looks like the only way to watch these games online will be to keep my £110 in my pocket and do it illegally.

It's Flybe that will be running the service, but if it is as infrequently used by passengers as last time the route will die again very quickly. Shannon? Two hopes, Bob and No.

It was often a very busy flight. The only reason numbers dropped off so much was that Flybe upped the price to £350 a ticket to create the drop in numbers which gave them the excuse to cancel it. It was all about protecting their City to Dublin route. But yeah I don't see much demand a route to Shannon.

My reading of the email and of the announcement on the website is that Ireland won't be included. I'm not getting my hopes up about a VPN either - these same guys used to stream all Premier League games out in a package to customers in New Zealand but they blocked off all VPN use midway through the 15/16 season. They blocked accessing the NFL Gamepass with a VPN turned on last year too. It's possible that a really good one might work but unfortunately it looks like the only way to watch these games online will be to keep my £110 in my pocket and do it illegally.

It was often a very busy flight. The only reason numbers dropped off so much was that Flybe upped the price to £350 a ticket to create the drop in numbers which gave them the excuse to cancel it. It was all about protecting their City to Dublin route. But yeah I don't see much demand a route to Shannon.

Exactly. In the same way I manage to watch any prem match at any time. They are all readily available

I find it quite ironic this thing is called ifollow

--When loads of floating fans wangle the over seas stream then clearly they wont be following their team to the games , they ll be sitting in front of their tv at home

Very excited for this. It's hard to maintain the passion when all you have is 2 minute highlights packages to feed off of.

As a Southend supporter in Sydney it makes sense that the club will now be able to profit from fans such as myself who've been following the team without ever contributing anything to the club financially.

Personally i'm hoping that there'll be an option to watch the game at a more reasonable hour than 2am, perhaps a replay the day after or even better an on demand option to watch the full game without a result spoiler.

Most importantly will the streamed games have commentary?

Very excited for this. It's hard to maintain the passion when all you have is 2 minute highlights packages to feed off of.

As a Southend supporter in Sydney it makes sense that the club will now be able to profit from fans such as myself who've been following the team without ever contributing anything to the club financially.

Personally i'm hoping that there'll be an option to watch the game at a more reasonable hour than 2am, perhaps a replay the day after or even better an on demand option to watch the full game without a result spoiler.

Yes, there will be an "on demand" option.

I believe the live streamed games will not include commentary as a standard, but it's entirely down to each individual club if they want to enhance it further, by adding more camera views or audio commentary.

Ah, this beats listening to Paul Clarke! Happy days!

Is it "selected" games or all the games?

It's all home and away league games (including play off's). No League Cup, FA Cup or Checkatrade trophy games will be shown live, as iFollow isn't covered in this deal.

The only other times you wont be able to watch, is if it's a match that is going to be shown on US TV, or if we are playing away to a team that has not signed up to iFollow (currently there are 11 teams, 5 of them are in the Championship and one in Division 2, I don't know who the other 5 are). It still might be possible to watch them though, just on a different platform.

Personally i think its a shame they cannot continue with Blues Player -- anyone who has forked out the very good value £34 for a whole season would enjoy the extended highlights of all our matches ( 10 or 11 minutes worth ) , usually available the next day , as well as all the interviews + archive of all matches from years back ....

I do worry that not only will we lose this service ( unless you now want to stump up over £100 ) , but via the moody overseas servers, some local floating fans will now watch on tv at home live rather than going to the match and cheering on the team.

Personally i think its a shame they cannot continue with Blues Player -- anyone who has forked out the very good value £34 for a whole season would enjoy the extended highlights of all our matches ( 10 or 11 minutes worth ) , usually available the next day , as well as all the interviews + archive of all matches from years back

For us fans in the Uk and Ireland, they will still continue with the live audio commentary, highlights package, and exclusive club content that Blues Player currently offers.

Yes, there will be an "on demand" option.

I believe the live streamed games will not include commentary as a standard, but it's entirely down to each individual club if they want to enhance it further, by adding more camera views or audio commentary.

That's bad news unless ifollow announce our games will have commentary.Can't say I've enjoyed any of the BP highlights (just one or two away games usually) where there hasn't been any commentary.

Unless this is clarified in June I'll probably sign up for the monthly package,just in case.

I find it quite ironic this thing is called ifollow

--When loads of floating fans wangle the over seas stream then clearly they wont be following their team to the games , they ll be sitting in front of their tv at home

Not really.I'll still be renewing my Espanyol season card,come what may! Not very often Espanyol's home games clash with Southend's.

Apologies if this is has been posted elsewhere, but it seems that BBC radio no longer have the rights for the commentary of our league games next season (well that's how i read it anyway).

The exclusive commentary rights now belong to Talksport.

I'm struggling to understand what the implications of this is, as I didn't think they have regional channels (such as BBC Essex / Kent etc). Unless of course they will only be broadcasting from the new "I Follow" package?

The article itself doesn't read all that negative in my eyes, so perhaps there will be no real change.

I'm guessing Talksport will also keep Paul Clark et al on as they would surely want a commentator that has good knowledge of the specific club.

Anyway, how do you interpret it?.........the article is below:

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/new-radio-rights-deal-3724861.aspx

I tweeted Nick Alliker about this yesterday, he said this is just for the national radio commentaries (so generally the championship games on a Saturday or an evening). Apparently it doesn't affect the BBC Essex local commentaries.

Ok, cheers for that Garry. :thumbsup:

Like I said the article doesn't read to clearly (well to me anyway) :dim:

Back