• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Chesterfield v Southend United, Saturday 27th January, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 71 80.7%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

• Wes Fonguck

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • James Morton

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

• Oli Coker

• Mauro Vilhete

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brooklyn Kabongolo

• Win

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing to me that, as of writing this comment around 56% of people think a player they have never seen play (Waldron) should start away against the league leaders! We really are looking for a hero aren’t we!

CAN
GSM
Taylor
Kensdale
Ralph
Bridge
Miley
Husin
Fonguck
Sandat
Dackers

Same again please boys. Three new signings all ready to make an impact from the bench.

A random comment from their Board.

We owe these …
Especially after our long weekend trip there lol
They can’t play any better and we can’t play any worse than that game so ..,

3;0 Town

Can't play any better? We shall see!

A random comment from their Board.

We owe these …
Especially after our long weekend trip there lol
They can’t play any better and we can’t play any worse than that game so ..,

3;0 Town

Can't play any better? We shall see!
Is it Chesterfield Town? I always thought it was just Chesterfield FC

Is it Chesterfield Town? I always thought it was just Chesterfield FC

Most of their fans refer to them as "Town" as they turned pro as Chesterfield Town back in 1891. But of course are now just Chesterfield to everyone else.

From Wiki:

Chesterfield FC was officially established in 1866, though it would be the third incarnation of that name that turned professional in 1891 and changed its name to Chesterfield Town.

The club entered liquidation in 1915, and were reformed as Chesterfield Municipal in April 1919.

The club was renamed Chesterfield in December 1920, and became founder members of the Third Division North in 1921–22.

With Waldron apparently having to work out his notice at his day job, and thereby not fully up to speed, it would be quite surprising if Kev started him, unless of course there are some injuries which dictate otherwise.

With Waldron apparently having to work out his notice at his day job, and thereby not fully up to speed, it would be quite surprising if Kev started him, unless of course there are some injuries which dictate otherwise.
Yep - I agree. Reckon we might see Cardwell start with Dackers and then Waldron to come on for Cards early in the second half.

Nothing to lose but everything to gain. All the pressure is on them. Let's make a statement again

Nothing to lose but everything to gain. All the pressure is on them. Let's make a statement again
Is it? They’re 13 points clear of 2nd with 2 games in hand.

I’m sure they would like to win and extend their record to 18 home wins in a row. But they aren’t really under any pressure.

Is it? They’re 13 points clear of 2nd with 2 games in hand.

I’m sure they would like to win and extend their record to 18 home wins in a row. But they aren’t really under any pressure.
Personally I think they have set the bar so high it causes a ton of pressure. They know wrexhams record is in there sights and they will want that. They fans expect too so it all adds up. They won't look forward too playing us

After three consecutive postponements, Kev and the boys will just be praying there is no frost/wind/rain/plague of locusts to jeopardise the fixture at the team sitting top of the National League and seemingly nailed on favourites for a return to the Football League come the end of the season.

Now that Notts County and Wrexham are out of this league, Chesterfield seem intent on taking full advantage and are currently 13 points clear at the top of the table, with 2 games in hand over second place Bromley. They're yet to lose at home this season (all 3 defeats have come away from the SMH Group Stadium, including their defeat at Roots Hall) with just one draw and fourteen wins from their 15 home league games. No surprise then that they're top of the National League form table.

View attachment 30828

Looking on the bright side though, Paul Cook's team did lose at Roots Hall in November, back in the days when we only had two subs on the bench. They also only narrowly beat lowly Woking 1-0 on Tuesday night whilst our players should be well rested following their unexpected evening off and extended 2-week winter break.

We're also unbeaten in 2024 but let's not kid ourselves, that record will be seriously under threat on Saturday.

With all the recent signings and reported returns to fitness, we actually have some serious options to choose from and should again have a full bench with squad members to spare.

So who would you choose to start against the champions-elect, and what do you predict the result will be?
6 changes for the Woking game, think your grasping at straws guys.

6 changes for the Woking game, think your grasping at straws guys.
Guess we'll find out on Saturday wont we? Your lot think all you have to do is turn up and you'll blow us away. Its worth noting that you're not the best at everything - we have the meanest defence in the division, not you. We've kept more prolific strikers than yours (McCallum for one) completely quiet. We'll have a chance, but you're clearly favourites....

It’s amazing to me that, as of writing this comment around 56% of people think a player they have never seen play (Waldron) should start away against the league leaders! We really are looking for a hero aren’t we!

CAN
GSM
Taylor
Kensdale
Ralph
Bridge
Miley
Husin
Fonguck
Sandat
Dackers

Same again please boys. Three new signings all ready to make an impact from the bench.
I think all the postponements should have given us time to fully prepare all the new signings to be ready for our toughest match of the season. We’re expected to lose,so it’s a good opportunity to see what they can offer.
Our defence will be tested to the full,so Ralph at wing/back and Bridge to come on during the 2nd half.
Collin. GSM,Taylor,Crowther,Kensdale,Ralph
Husin,Miley,Fonguck
Cards,Waldron
Subs: Demi,Morton,Bridge,Sandat,Dackers ! Such riches !
(Coker on bench if not everyone is fit !)

They won their 17th consecutive game at home last night. What an unbelievable record that is!

It seems they haven't played well in the last few (Altrincham and Woking) but as all good sides do, they won. They have undoubted quality that can win a game on their own when the team isn't playing well.

I do think they will be on it this weekend though, as they'll want to rectify the loss against us. After that game, Paul Cook kept imploring that whilst we had a small squad, we had one of the best teams in the league. He'll have them fired up against us, make no mistake.

It would have been much better for us to have played our games, going into this game with some momentum. We don't seem to get going after a long break. Hopefully, with a few new faces, we may spring some surprises on them.

Let's not get too down about our playoff chances if we lose this game. This game does not define our season.
We won’t lose the game

This is so refreshing... Wasn't long ago I was moaning that there always seemed to be a bad announcement 24 hours before a match to ruin our prep.
This time, just before we hopefully beat chesterfield for a second time, the players and our spirits are given a lift even more by last nights event.
Loads of positive talking points for the players on their way today. Doesn't matter if some already knew bits and bobs, the positivity and good feeling it created is infectious. A good performance tomorrow would cap off a great few days\weeks.
COYB.

Last edited:
Guess we'll find out on Saturday wont we? Your lot think all you have to do is turn up and you'll blow us away. Its worth noting that you're not the best at everything - we have the meanest defence in the division, not you. We've kept more prolific strikers than yours (McCallum for one) completely quiet. We'll have a chance, but you're clearly favourites....
Look at our forum, not fb and you’ll see loads of predictions for a tight game. We’ve lost some important players since we played you to injuries but still remain consistent. I’ve gone 1 each and for you to make the play off final.

Look at our forum, not fb and you’ll see loads of predictions for a tight game. We’ve lost some important players since we played you to injuries but still remain consistent. I’ve gone 1 each and for you to make the play off final.
I'd bite your hand off for your prediction to come true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back