• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chico - Worth the money?

• Yes - The kids loved it and it was good fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Bloke is a total tool - Bring back the Opera bloke.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just liked the match report on Yahoo (below)

The general bewilderment from the crowd which met a pre-match performance from pop singer Chico soon gave way to disbelief as Djordjic fired the visitors ahead in only the fifth minute. Lilian Nalis had already warmed Darryl Flahavan's hands with a well-hit 20-yard effort when Djordjic struck.

Somes it up really!!

Get Billy Bragg on the pitch, at least he brings his own portable PA system!!

I think all that matters is it attracted a few more famillies to the ground, 90% dont come for the pre match entertainment so who do you care who is performing but lets all agree we care about the club and that we stay in the Championship.

Scrivs you are doing a great job, everyone has opinions they just dont need to make it personal - hopefully we can put a line under this one now, its over and done with

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 20 2006,16:53)]Wish I hadnt started this topic now.

If Chico was free as Dave stated then well done to the club. If we paid cash for him then I think we should see if he has a refund policy.

No offence to the club who generally I think do a decent job.

upside.gif
Scriv, If Chico was free then fair play! Perhaps you will get Scissor Sisters next time for DTS though!
wink.gif

Dave is definitely lying about one thing.

Judging by the large, MC Hammer type trousers he's taken to wearing, as can sometimes be seen on the pitchside, (which I appreciate, being a middle-aged-spread-type bloke myself), he has something much more substantial that an "afternoon cuppa". Would that cuppa be in the Fish House complimented by a whale omelette?

The thronging masses must be told. All must be revealed in the Far Post later today when he hands out the reserves' team sheets. Then again, perhaps not all should be "revealed", ahem ....

(As you can see, I'm treating this subject with the seriousness it deserves)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 21 2006,11:38)]Dave is definitely lying about one thing.

Judging by the large, MC Hammer type trousers he's taken to wearing, as can sometimes be seen on the pitchside, (which I appreciate, being a middle-aged-spread-type bloke myself), he has something much more substantial that an "afternoon cuppa".  Would that cuppa be in the Fish House complimented by a whale omelette?

The thronging masses must be told.  All must be revealed in the Far Post later today when he hands out the reserves' team sheets.  Then again, perhaps not all should be "revealed", ahem ....  

(As you can see, I'm treating this subject with the seriousness it deserves)
Now you accuse Scriv of lying about one thing, but you are also guilty of the same.

You aren't the middle-aged-spread-type bloke as I believe you prefer to drink in the Shrimpers.

I never denied that I'm a liar though.  Though I do pop in there for the odd game of darts.

Thanks to the "special" service afforded us in the Shrimpers, my custom is taken by the Nelson on matchdays now.  Maybe I'm picky but having drinking receptacles that are actually clean, bar staff that aren't surly and miserable, and beer that isn't off or runs out an hour before kick-off somehow seems a bit more of an attraction.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 21 2006,12:05)]I never denied that I'm a liar though.  though I do pop in there for the odd game of darts.
What happens if you hit an even number?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Nov. 20 2006,18:58)]I think all that matters is it attracted a few more famillies to the ground, 90% dont come for the pre match entertainment so who do you care who is performing but lets all agree we care about the club and that we stay in the Championship.

Scrivs you are doing a great job, everyone has opinions they just dont need to make it personal - hopefully we can put a line under this one now, its over and done with
Summed it up quite nicely IANichols...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 20 2006,17:44)]Mind you ~ I didn't like it, it wasn't aimed at me, so I did't turn up until 2.50pm to make sure I missed it ... easy ...
Exactly what Mrs CI-City Blue and myself did...

Not aimed at either of us (both think he's rubbish), but I am sure a couple of dozen people enjoyed his "performance"
tounge.gif

And if we didn't pay any money for him to perform - then that's ok.

Chico was a dogs ****, I lost count of the number of times he substituted song lyrics for his own name...

They could have given me the 3 grand & my missus could have done her trick with ping-pong balls with Tilly returning the serve...

How can I put this? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back