• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clohessy in talks with League One clubs, but staying with Blues not ruled out

Is it really about mucking him about or showing disrespect or more down to the fact that we haven't got a pot to **** in and can't compete with paying League 1 wages?

A combination of both Chapperz. I fear we can't match offers of some L2 teams let alone L1. So that side of it I would agree with you. On the other side of the coin Ronald treats people with contempt at times. He stitched Kevin Maher up of his testimonial. He trried to do the dirty by reigning/ raining on Spencer Prior's parade but at least he stood up to him. Nicky Nicalau was stitched up over a new contract and made to look like he was at fault. The treatment of Paul Sturrock in the most part pre-Wembley was a complete underminment of him as a person and his career. Then theres Tara Brady and Gary Lockett taken for a ride. So there you heve it the best of both sides of the argument.

If phil brown wants to build a team from the back then this is a must to up the offer of to S C to keep him playing for us next season .But if he goes to a league one team please not the scum from the dark side of Essex

If I may I would mention Brian Wheeler. A guy who did a good job in commercial in the Tilson era. Thought it was a good move bringing him back but then whats he meant to do when there isn't the money to carry out new ideas and initiatives that he would, not maybe, but would have had. So what is regimes answer? Sack him and make him appear he was no longer good enough. You have to ask with the money simply not there, Why bring him back?

A combination of both Chapperz. I fear we can't match offers of some L2 teams let alone L1. So that side of it I would agree with you. On the other side of the coin Ronald treats people with contempt at times. He stitched Kevin Maher up of his testimonial. He trried to do the dirty by reigning/ raining on Spencer Prior's parade but at least he stood up to him. Nicky Nicalau was stitched up over a new contract and made to look like he was at fault. The treatment of Paul Sturrock in the most part pre-Wembley was a complete underminment of him as a person and his career. Then theres Tara Brady and Gary Lockett taken for a ride. So there you heve it the best of both sides of the argument.

We could match Bury

We could match Bury

Well if we can't match them Scott we are in mega desperate trouble when you consider the mess their in. Just about sums up our lack of financial clout.
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Well if we can't match them Scott we are in mega desperate trouble when you consider the mess their in. Just about sums up our lack of financial clout.
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

judging by the comments on the article I would say that Bury are not in with a real shot, unless the wage difference is huge.
His family is settled, and his wife works in the city, she is not going to commute from Bury , and depending on what she does for a job it may be impossible for her to find a similar job/similar salary in Bury. Our concerns should be teams in an easy commute of London IMO based on the article

We always seem to find the money to pay HMRC albeit at the last minute. If the club has any ambition to achieve promotion they should find the money to satisfy Clohessy. It doesn't seem he is being greedy.

judging by the comments on the article I would say that Bury are not in with a real shot, unless the wage difference is huge.
His family is settled, and his wife works in the city, she is not going to commute from Bury , and depending on what she does for a job it may be impossible for her to find a similar job/similar salary in Bury. Our concerns should be teams in an easy commute of London IMO based on the article

I didn't say Sean was going to Bury. I thought Bury had money as woes which is why I said if we can't compete with in general off the pitch we'd be in real trouble.

We always seem to find the money to pay HMRC albeit at the last minute. If the club has any ambition to achieve promotion they should find the money to satisfy Clohessy. It doesn't seem he is being greedy.

Problem with that if you pay players and forget the tax man the players won't have a club to play for. That aside must hope Sainsburys can continue to lend a hand as there is not enough cash to go around within the Club.

The more i read on here about the doom and the gloom surrounding SUFC, the more i fear for its existence.It would be a dark and trajic day should SUFC cease to exist.:'(:sad:

It is difficult to get your hopes up too much when the constraints and antics from above affect the chances of the team getting to where it wants to be . Promotion is hard enough to achieve without some of the mischief going on . For the die hard fans it is like ripping the heart and soul out of your support. Although not as bad take Tilsons last season here, Fans were singing their hearts out knowing it was more or less in vein. Then it was reality last season it was reality in part.

Sounds like if either Colchester or Orient were in for him, he would be off.

Don't think we would be in for him, we have some very good right backs already but we are in the market for a central defender so if he can play there he might be an option although he looks a bit small for that position compared to what we already have. I think the issue is not going to be how much salary you offer a player under contract it will be the lack of certainty of if they get paid and on time.

Back