• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club Loan - Trust Statement - 1st July 2010

Nothing to do with hindsight, just hard facts.
You have no idea who I am or what I know of individuals within the club.
I have been around a lot longer than most of the SUSCT committee, lived all my life in Southend and have knowledge that may have been very helpful in assisting SUSCT in making a very important financial decision

We can all spout on about it after the event though! Where was you to give the invaluable advice before the proverbial **** hit the fan though?? And why be so secretive about who you are? By simply saying stuff here after the event you actually make yourself look foolish and unbelievable.

Thanks for the compliments, maybe now I understand a little bit more, I would have not been believed anyway.

Thanks for the compliments, maybe now I understand a little bit more, I would have not been believed anyway.

To be honest, it's hard to separate those who claim to know from those who actually do. And its easy to claim in hindsight that the Trust should'nt have done it - and also, that you wouldn't have given your consent if asked.

To be honest, it's hard to separate those who claim to know from those who actually do. And its easy to claim in hindsight that the Trust should'nt have done it - and also, that you wouldn't have given your consent if asked.

I didn't need hindsight as I complained as soon as the Chairman announced the "loan" late last year.And I for one certainly wouldn't have given my consent if the membership had been consulted.

FWIW, I think this will end up with the Beaver eventually taking the fall and having to resign over what was (IMO) a gross error of judgement.Hopefully some of those committee members who also voted in favour will go with him.

I didn't need hindsight as I complained as soon as the Chairman announced the "loan" late last year.And I for one certainly wouldn't have given my consent if the membership had been consulted.

FWIW, I think this will end up with the Beaver eventually taking the fall and having to resign over what was (IMO) a gross error of judgement.Hopefully some of those committee members who also voted in favour will go with him.

Why Mr Beaver ?

Paul FitzGerald is the Trust Chairman, I do the Membership Stuff and look after the Website amongst other things.

:O Good grief! I thought you were Paul Fitzgerald - apologies for correspondence to that effect last year. :dim:

Paul FitzGerald is the Trust Chairman, I do the Membership Stuff and look after the Website amongst other things.

Yeah I KNOW Paul Fitz is the Trust Chairman.We've had a few email chats on the yahoo Shrimper list and I have his private email address.I'm also aware(since he told me)that he doesn't post on here often because of the quantity of wind up merchants.IIRC you replied once before(on here) to something I'd mentioned to him(or vice versa) in a private email so I naturally put 2+2 together to make 5.:sherlock:

Last edited:
:O Good grief! I thought you were Paul Fitzgerald - apologies for correspondence to that effect last year. :dim:

No worries, like all correspondence, pm's received I just pass them onto Paul F.

Mind you it is an easy mistake to make. I'm the good looking one though :D

Back