• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CLUB SHOP - SEASON CARD DISCOUNT? Not any more..

There isn't any point discussing this with you is there. Our situation and Col Ewes is massively different. Read SUFC7 post about financing the new stadium.

Do you honestly believe people get involved with football clubs to make money. Its very difficult to make money at a Club like Southend. Even Clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd run at a loss. People aint making money there, so they aint going to be making money at us.

It just winds me up, that the club seem to take, take, take. And give little in return.

The 10% discount in the club shop - gone!
Discounts for STH to home friendlies - never been heard of!

Just little things like the above.

It just winds me up, that the club seem to take, take, take. And give little in return.

The 10% discount in the club shop - gone!
Discounts for STH to home friendlies - never been heard of!

Just little things like the above.

Do you honestly think things like free travel to certain away games as giving little in return. Do you have any idea how much RM forked out on that for us in just last season alone.

How many Clubs offer discounts to STH for home friendlies though?

We offering free reserve team football at Roots Hall to STHs. I know its not the same, but some Clubs don't even offer that.

But the guy at Col Ewe is treating the Club like his baby, think of him as a smaller scale Abramovic.

Van Wezel isn't as rich as the guy at Col Ewe for a start.

IIRC Van Wezel has many other local sporting interest apart from Southend United, such as Southend RFC.

You have beaten me to it, was just about to moan about it all myself.

Gone from saving 10% to 5%. Apparently this is better then the season card saving though :unsure: Im struggling to see how.

Em.

That article's not been written to try & deflect any negativity resulting from this thread then? ;)

Exactly lol... what a joke! They come up with the stupid scheme and try a justify it! Is Gordon Brown behind this one?!?

As Em said fact is you get 5p back for every pound spent thats 5%... under the old scheme we got 10%...

Genius!!!

Last edited:
Its a sad day when real fans feel this way.....

I won't be going in the club shop myself, son can get his own with birthday money if he wants.

No more 50/50 draws & lottery.

If someone from SUFC reads this, good job for making the season card holders feel screwed.

Next season (2009 - 2010) I will probably go back to individual tickets and attend rarely. And yes, I am a real fan.

Dash

Its a sad day when real fans feel this way.....

I won't be going in the club shop myself, son can get his own with birthday money if he wants.

No more 50/50 draws & lottery.

If someone from SUFC reads this, good job for making the season card holders feel screwed.

Next season (2009 - 2010) I will probably go back to individual tickets and attend rarely. And yes, I am a real fan.

Dash

What because they have taken away the 10% saving.

Sort it out fella come on.

What because they have taken away the 10% saving.

Sort it out fella come on.

Oh NO.

It's accumulative my friend.

Just because you see this individual occurrance as a 'spat', you should see the whole instead of the one.

I wear my colours proudly but everything has gone up alot and the so-called things we get back are nearly gone.

I am serious in what I stated before........

The club needs to put this right and having no doubt spent the money setting it up theres no chance of them scrapping it... but how can they come out and justify it saying we can now save more?! How many of us are realistically going to spend over £200 to make this brilliant new possibility of making a £10 saving?! Most I think I have ever spent in a season would be £100... if I were to repeat that this season I would get £5 to spend... I would have got £4 just from buying the home shirt under the old scheme. They can't pull the wool over our eyes - this needs sorting out and theres only one way to do it:

Introduce the 'double points' promotion immediately!!!

Col Ewe have a community stadium - their council helped finance the cost.

Im sick of here, Col ewe can do this, Col ewe can do that. They got that extra season in the championship and probably have a completley different finance structure to us. We aren't col ewe!

We are paying for our stadium and we can only finance it and be in a good financial situation if the club come up wth Marketing ploys to make money. Would you rather we relied on on ticket and match day sales for the club to survive, or would you prefer it was run as a busniess which makes money. Its fact, football is now very much money driven and you don't get far on merit. QPR will no doubt buy their way into the premiership, but SUFC need to up its game in terms of brining out new incentives to finance our club to get out of leauge on. I'm sure a majority of clubs are now doing the same and copying each other to avoid being the next Luton, ect

SUFC7... your posts absolutely pong of a previous poster on this board... and I would wager you are none other than Steve from the club shop.

Am I right or am I right?

Your devotion to all things the club and club shop, plus mentioning the 'marketing' issues also point heavily towards your true identity.

Well?

Back