• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club Statement

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Oh Dear

The sale of the Club to the consortium led by Justin Rees is progressing, however, for the reasons explained below, the target completion date of 1 November is going to slip.

It is a condition of the sale, requested by the consortium, that the share capital in the Club be increased. The Club’s shareholders have been invited to a meeting to consider a debt to equity resolution to facilitate this. My group of companies holds sufficient voting rights to ensure that the resolution is passed, but legal formalities need to be followed, including a statutory notice period of not less than 21 days, which means completion cannot be considered until 17 November.

Once the resolution is passed, and other due diligence items are successfully completed, the Club will be acquired by the consortium.

Ron

Any other shareholders had an invite? Nowt here, but only have a handful

Heard rumors of something like this a week ago ... was hopeful it was just paranoid fans

We are well and truly still in the mud

Before we all get on Ron's back, this is highly unlikely to be his fault.

It's probable that the meeting couldn't be called until certain DD items had been completed / ticked off, and this is a requirement of the consortium. It's rubbish but the ends really do justify the means in this case.

Nothing to panic about, but the extra time is a bit of pain to say the least. Especially for the embargo 😫

Surely if all shareholders agree (or above a certain %) then the 21 day statutory period could be waived?

On the plus side, this is just a technical / procedural thing and nothing to worry about. Clearly things are still progressing with the sale and we should take further confidence from this that the sale process will ultimately complete and the rat will be gone.

Unless this is a new condition (surely unlikely?) then I do worry about the competence of those advising the parties in this process.

The statutory notice period of not less than 21 days cannot possibly be a surprise to either party. Its the basics. Janet and John. Truly. How can it be that this process was not kicked off earlier? The consortium must (or should) have been advised that it's needed. Ron should have known it was needed. What am I missing?

What exercises me greatly is meanwhile the embargo remains in place, and the players, whose welfare no-one appears to care about, and the management team, suffer.

Unless this is a new condition (surely unlikely?) then I do worry about the competence of those advising the parties in this process.

The statutory notice period of not less than 21 days cannot possibly be a surprise to either party. Its the basics. Janet and John. Truly. How can it be that this process was not kicked off earlier? The consortium must (or should) have been advised that it's needed. Ron should have known it was needed. What am I missing?

What exercises me greatly is meanwhile the embargo remains in place, and the players, whose welfare no-one appears to care about, and the management team, suffer.
This is why I'm starting to think this excuse is all bollocks.

Something else must be happening behind the scenes for this to be the only reason why

Why??? It sets a precedent for future conduct.
I'm sure its not suggested they lift the embargo if it is still warranted. But the way its administered and implemented is a complete disgrace. And given they only follow their own rules when they feel like it, some relaxation to protect player welfare shouldn't be beyond their wit. Indeed their rules should at the very least be changed to bring them in line with the EFL. As a minimum.

At the very least they should let us use youth players
Absolutely. As they do in the EFL. And, of course, if they did we maybe wouldn't have let some of our better youngsters leave as they could of bolstered the senior 16. Even now it would help. Of course, the FA agreed to it too. So that leaves the NL alone..

At the very least they should let us use youth players
Why? We used youth in the FA cup and everyone blamed the use of them (or the lack of 1st team players) for us losing 2-0 to a team in the league below…

In the league, we have 3 players that were cup tied that will play instead of the youth?

Back