• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They found the Eastwood money! No, seriously how can we afford this? It's great that it's happening but it does make you wonder, and worry.

Bentley off for an extortionate fee?

And spending money there means we can't be knocking it down and building a stadium any time soon!

what's going to happen to Roots Hall - lets be honest the place is a dump

What, but, eh?! 2 million? 2 followed by 6 zeros? WTF!!!

I've not kept up to speed with the new stadium plans - were we going to redevelop B&L and build new stadium next to it?

The thing that I am struggling with is that £2m is being spent on B&L- with Fossets the training pitches were on the same site or not?? I can't remember. If being spent on B&L then that is a long term investment

So
If Fossets is going ahead is the plan to modify the plans i.e. no training ground there/ something else (further development)
If Fossets were not going ahead & we are staying at RH then spending £2m on the training ground would make little sense? Surely the priority would be RH that will fall down on its own eventually- and if we don't sell RH then I can't see Ron investing this level of money.

My guess is that something is now moving ahead with new partners & in some modified form that still delivers the new stadium.

I think it makes the idea that the new stadium is dead increasingly untenable..

i wonder if RM sees the potential profit in an academy and training ground as we are seeing bentley and payne coming through the ranks. A model like Crewe brings a small club a lot of money

And spending money there means we can't be knocking it down and building a stadium any time soon!

Not really, the plan was to have the training pitches/complex on the same plot as the stadium I believe.

Surely the stadium can't be dead if Lidl have bought the Prospects site.

1. We dont have to spend 2 million cash on anything, money could have been loaned?

2. The entrance to the stadium goes through the training ground, so if we are spending 2 million on it what does that mean?

Lidl bought Prospects, why didn't Sainsburys? it would make more sense plus not having a competitor on your door step and sharing your car park. After all the years of talk of FF I'll wait a bit longer to see what happens.
Sounds a forward step for us though.

Lidl bought Prospects, why didn't Sainsburys? it would make more sense plus not having a competitor on your door step and sharing your car park. After all the years of talk of FF I'll wait a bit longer to see what happens.
Sounds a forward step for us though.

Indeed, if Sainsbury wanted a smaller metro store they have missed an opportunity there...

1. We dont have to spend 2 million cash on anything, money could have been loaned?

2. The entrance to the stadium goes through the training ground, so if we are spending 2 million on it what does that mean?

Well access to the retail park would be through B&L's but the plans include access to the stadium off of Fossetts Way to the north.

I don't think Lidl could fit a store with access and parking on the Prospects site alone- I think it is highly likely that Lidl has simply replaced Sainsbury as the partner on this project- only way it makes sense.

certainly Lidl wouldn't buy the site as some sort of spoiler- that type of thing doesn't happen.

I would have thought a lidl store would typically be a bit smaller- but that can equal just more parking or houses.

Back