• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockney bin-men

Ron Manager

Walking to the train station on my way to work yesterday morning I spotted the dustbin men doing their rounds, and they had taped a big sign to the front of the cart saying West Ham 2 Southend 0.

To say my blood boiled is an understatement, the fact is they are in Southend not the slums of East London so by doing that they are taking the ****. I normally stumble along half asleep at that time in the morning but was soon wide awake as I screamed a few words of abuse at the low-life scum (not low-life because they're binmen of course, because they are Hamster scum).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 26 2004,11:54)]Walking to the train station on my way to work yesterday morning I spotted the dustbin men doing their rounds, and they had taped a big sign to the front of the cart saying West Ham 2 Southend 0.

To say my blood boiled is an understatement, the fact is they are in Southend not the slums of East London so by doing that they are taking the ****. I normally stumble along half asleep at that time in the morning but was soon wide awake as I screamed a few words of abuse at the low-life scum (not low-life because they're binmen of course, because they are Hamster scum).
Interesting. The fact is that WHU ought to be ashamed of 2-0, not bragging about it.

I think we lost the battle but won the war on Tuesday.

Sad bastards- lording it over a League 2 side. But that's about their level at the moment. It made me laugh the way their fans were singing anti-Chelsea songs. It will be a long time before they occupy the same universe again.

The academy of football? Academy of sh*t more like.

My thoughts exactly - bragging over a poor 2 nil victory over a Divvy 3 / League 2 side. w***ers. I would've let their tyres down, or at the very least put some broken glass in front of their wheels

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 26 2004,11:54)]Walking to the train station on my way to work yesterday morning I spotted the dustbin men doing their rounds, and they had taped a big sign to the front of the cart saying West Ham 2 Southend 0.

Yes, they were taking the ****.

Worked though, didn't it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 26 2004,12:17)]
[b said:

Yes, they were taking the ****.

Worked though, didn't it?
Well yes it did as I reacted to the provocation. But if I had just ignored it and they got to drive round the town without getting a reaction then it would demonstrate a lack of passion in Southend for the football team. Although we have a small support there is plenty of fire in the bellies of those of us who do follow that team - and I was merely showing that passion.

As a 'Visiting Mackem', would you be happy if a similair sign about a victory by Newcastle over Sunderland was put on a vehicle driven around Sunderland and no-one reacted?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 26 2004,12:03)]Sad bastards- lording it over a League 2 side. But that's about their level at the moment. It made me laugh the way their fans were singing anti-Chelsea songs.   It will be a long time before they occupy the same universe again.  

The academy of football? Academy of sh*t more like.
Quite. The very fact they were lording it over us is a source of amusement, although I wouldn't have been impressed had I seen it.

We should pity them, having to pay £25 in plus a train fare to London every other week to watch that shower of sh*te.

In the spirit of meldrewing ;-
Click Here This is a weblink to put suggestions. Complain vehemtly, get the b@st@rds sacked and replaced by proper locals. Then, Recycle, the one known as "Ginger" can commonly be seen lurking in the recycling plant at Southend where he works and has thrown many of my televisions/appliances into the skip for me.

No good moaning chaps,...get active!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 26 2004,12:32)]
Well yes it did as I reacted to the provocation. But if I had just ignored it and they got to drive round the town without getting a reaction then it would demonstrate a lack of passion in Southend for the football team. Although we have a small support there is plenty of fire in the bellies of those of us who do follow that team - and I was merely showing that passion.

As a 'Visiting Mackem', would you be happy if a similair sign about a victory by Newcastle over Sunderland was put on a vehicle driven around Sunderland and no-one reacted?
As a Mackem, would I refrain from taking the mick out of Newcastle fans if we beat them?

No, of course not. It's part of the banter that makes football what it is. I'd be twice as pleased if I logged on to Toontastic and read all about it afterwards.

You're telling me you wouldn't have had a laugh at the expense of any West Ham fans you happen to know if you'd won the other night? I know I would, and I'm not even a Blues fan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 26 2004,12:50)]In the spirit of meldrewing ;-
Click Here This is a weblink to put suggestions. Complain vehemtly, get the b@st@rds sacked and replaced by proper locals. Then, Recycle, the one known as "Ginger" can commonly be seen lurking in the recycling plant at Southend where he works and has thrown many of my televisions/appliances into the skip for me.

Have done, I don't for a minute think it will be taken seriously and the post was done largely with tongue-in-cheek - but hey, you never know?

'On Wednesday morning of this week I was annoyed to see one of your waste collection trucks displaying a handmade sign giving the score of a football match that had taken place the night before where West Ham had beaten the local team Southend United 2-0. Whilst this may be seen as an innocent celebration of a football match result it in fact provoked angry reaction from at least one person on his way to work that morning, in Valkyrie Road at approximately 7-45 am. The fact that employees of the local authority seemed to take pleasure in gloating about a victory over the team that represents the town and borough who employ them was in my mind an insult to the council tax payers of Southend who pay their wages and those responsible should be severly reprimanded.'

But I think the point Ron manager is trying to make is that West Ham are two divisions above us, and should be expected to win comfortably, meaning they have nothing to boast about. That and the fact that so many Southenders don't support their local team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 26 2004,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 26 2004,12:32)]

As a Mackem, would I refrain from taking the mick out of Newcastle fans if we beat them?

No, of course not. It's part of the banter that makes football what it is. I'd be twice as pleased if I logged on to Toontastic and read all about it afterwards.

You're telling me you wouldn't have had a laugh at the expense of any West Ham fans you happen to know if you'd won the other night? I know I would, and I'm not even a Blues fan.
Say, what brings 'dem Mackems round dees parts anyhow?

*spits onto saloon bar floor*

Might I suggest that the title of this thread be changed to 'Mockney binmen'

And I would suggest that complaining to the council is pointless, as they are probably all west ham fans too.

I am gutted i didn't see it, as i would have loved to rip it to pieces and left it all over the road.
A few Southend fans work on the bins, so trying to wind them up as well.

praps we could put some West Ham scarves on top of our bin bags and smear em in dog poo! See how they like picking them up!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Aug. 26 2004,17:24)]praps we could put some West Ham scarves on top of our bin bags and smear em in dog poo! See how they like picking them up!!!
I wouldn't like to upset you !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 26 2004,17:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Aug. 26 2004,17:24)]praps we could put some West Ham scarves on top of our bin bags and smear em in dog poo! See how they like picking them up!!!
I wouldn't like to upset you !
Well dont drive your dust cart down my road with West Ham 2 Southend 0 and we should get along fine!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 26 2004,12:50)]In the spirit of meldrewing ;-

the "ginger man" i think you will find is definetely not a west ham fan, and dont even attempt to mention the name west ham in his face

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 26 2004,17:57)]
[b said:

the "ginger man" i think you will find is definetely not a west ham fan, and dont even attempt to mention the name west ham in his face
I would scream it in the Ginger brothers face blood while telling him who the guvnors are.

REEEEEEEEEEESPECT.

Back