• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The elevation of Colchester Uniteds importance in the mind of some fans is pure folly. In polite mode they are a two-bit, unsupported outfit, that is punching two leagues above its wight.

Rival. Rival? What? There is only one team in Essex. ONE! Of the 23 opponents we face this coming season, Colchester will be the 23rd most desirable match. However on a balanced note I would like to thank them for the six points they will give us this season. The same six points that will do Col U no good as they are jettisoned into league 2 and subsequently out of league football. Seven conference teams had a better average attendance than our north county ne'er do wells and the rest had more loyalty. :moon:

Col,U,s ****** ground is in the middle of nowhere on the outskirts of Ipswich.
Bring back layer road

If you are comparing the area around the new stadium with your clubs last visit there, it is much changed now with lots more to come. There is a new park and ride just opposite the stadium now with 1000 extra car park spaces available for match days and many more businesses are building there. It is already much improved with new roads etc but it will be even better in the next few years as new parcels of land have been released for development of leisure facilities. I must admit to still feeling our true home is Layer Road, but that is because I am a long term fan, we never appreciate what we have until it's gone. .
http://www.northerngatewaycolchester.co.uk/

I don't care how many houses and businesses are building there. As long as there are no pubs within two miles it will be *****.

If you are comparing the area around the new stadium with your clubs last visit there, it is much changed now with lots more to come. There is a new park and ride just opposite the stadium now with 1000 extra car park spaces available for match days and many more businesses are building there. It is already much improved with new roads etc but it will be even better in the next few years as new parcels of land have been released for development of leisure facilities. I must admit to still feeling our true home is Layer Road, but that is because I am a long term fan, we never appreciate what we have until it's gone. .
http://www.northerngatewaycolchester.co.uk/
Ever think nobody give a flying **** about your team or ground???

Rather get aids then listen to your drivel about northern gateway!!! Yeah they are crying out for better access to places like Sudbury! Hahahaha

Alongside their "football club"(see others' comments)what else has Colchester got to be ashamed of?
Unsolved murders,a zoo which lets animals escape and then has to shoot them,a hospital which notoriously fails cancer patients and the army.Enough said!

Ever think nobody give a flying **** about your team or ground???

Rather get aids then listen to your drivel about northern gateway!!! Yeah they are crying out for better access to places like Sudbury! Hahahaha

Funny that you don't care about Col U but there are a lot of people on here talking about us, normal service resumed ain't rivalry great........

Bring it on!!!! Ha ha

Trust me we will make a lot of noise , more than you make all year

And we will happily bring many thousands of fans to that lego kit of a ground of yours

and we will sing when we are winning , and when we are not .....Out sing you all day long

Just ask Stevenage Morecombe Bury and many others .....and don't forget the Wembley Roar when we scored .........

Just so you know what real fans are like .....

Trust me we will make a lot of noise , more than you make all year

And we will happily bring many thousands of fans to that lego kit of a ground of yours

and we will sing when we are winning , and when we are not .....Out sing you all day long

Just ask Stevenage Morecombe Bury and many others .....and don't forget the Wembley Roar when we scored .........

Just so you know what real fans are like .....

Been to so many games against Southend I know what the derbies are like, home or away there is always something to talk about afterwards or reminisce years later. Whatever the fans say on Colchester or Southend forums I bet for most of us these two fixtures will be the 1st things fans look for in the new fixture lists.

Back