• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come on Tilly

DTS

The Business
I really feel we need to look at taking a few players on loan to cover the current injury crisis. No shocker there I know but with Gray, Petts & Gutteridge all out at the moment and Juppy slightly longer term I think we should be looking for 2/3 loan players.

Wouldnt mind doing what we have done in the past with the likes of Nicolau, Broad , Clarky the GOD , Steve Kelly etc etc by going to the big few London clubs and borrowing a up and coming player.

Double bubble really - If they are good such as Steve Kelly you get a classt player and if they are alright Broad / Nicolau etc then you have a good chance of signing them later.

Come on Tilly my son.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,09:43)]Campbell-Ryce wants away from Rotherham and wants to move down South. Doubt we could afford the signing fee but hes a quality winger.
Unlikely.  The rumour I heard was that he was one of the many touted players we were realistically interested in & we'd actually agreed terms with him pre-season only for Rotherham to move the goalposts.  I'm reasonable sure that this is a goer, so I can't see Tilly going over old ground again!  
rock.gif

What comes of having relatives up on the Northern slagheaps!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,09:18)]I really feel we need to look at taking a few players on loan to cover the current injury crisis. No shocker there I know but with Gray, Petts & Gutteridge all out at the moment and Juppy slightly longer term I think we should be looking for 2/3 loan players.

Wouldnt mind doing what we have done in the past with the likes of Nicolau, Broad , Clarky the GOD , Steve Kelly etc etc by going to the big few London clubs and borrowing a up and coming player.

Double bubble really - If they are good such as Steve Kelly you get a classt player and if they are alright Broad / Nicolau etc then you have a good chance of signing them later.

Come on Tilly my son.

DtS
Guttridge injured? When did this happen?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Aug. 31 2005,11:07)]I can't see Tilly going over old ground again!  
rock.gif
Like he did with Goater you mean?

wink.gif
...Which means we could get Les Ferdionand who wants to play on...training with Tw@tford at the mo....out of contract....maybe be good for a stint of games?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Aug. 31 2005,10:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,09:43)]Campbell-Ryce wants away from Rotherham and wants to move down South. Doubt we could afford the signing fee but hes a quality winger.
Unlikely.  The rumour I heard was that he was one of the many touted players we were realistically interested in & we'd actually agreed terms with him pre-season only for Rotherham to move the goalposts.  I'm reasonable sure that this is a goer, so I can't see Tilly going over old ground again!  
rock.gif

What comes of having relatives up on the Northern slagheaps!  
biggrin.gif
Above all of that I'd be disappointed if we signed a winger.

I personally think midfield has not looked this good in years for both numbers and quality in the squad.

Attacking line is the priority without any doubt, however that priority is closely followed by another body in the defending line.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,11:17)]...Which means we could get Les Ferdionand who wants to play on...training with  Tw@tford at the mo....out of contract....maybe be good for a stint of games?
I can see the headlines on Monday:

"DAD'S ARMY STRIKE FORCE SHOOTS OLDHAM DOWN"

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,10:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,11:17)]...Which means we could get Les Ferdionand who wants to play on...training with  Tw@tford at the mo....out of contract....maybe be good for a stint of games?
I can see the headlines on Monday:

"DAD'S ARMY STRIKE FORCE SHOOTS OLDHAM DOWN"

biggrin.gif
yeah get him in, he could still do a job. Just look at teddy.

Umm. I am split on whether we need Les now that we have brought in Goater.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,10:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Aug. 31 2005,10:26)]Umm. I am split on whether we need Les now that we have brought in Goater.

rock.gif
Well, Eastwoods out, Grays injured, Lawson's shellshocked.... and we only want him for a few games.....
when you put it like that. I was thinking long term.

oops.gif

But we definitley need someone in - whether on a short term contract, loan, pay as you play deal, free transfer, £200,000 signing or Tilly putting his boots back on.

now you mention it, ferdinand could be ideal. obviously his wage demands are going to be high so we sign him on month to month contract, no strings attached - it would give him the ideal opportunity to show what he could do and get match fitness and then when freddy returns and gray resumes full fitness (depending on the severity of the injury he suffered against the scum) we release him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 31 2005,10:43)]Yeah, what ever happened to Dyer??
I think he signed for Stoke didn't he??

Whilst I agree whole heartedly with the views expressed by many on here that we need to get a couple of players in, it may be worthwhile remembering that the transfer window only applies to transfers between clubs. I am unsure whether it also includes only league clubs, but may well do. therefore, we would be free to sign anyone who is out of contract at any time.

I would suggest the bulk of players without a contract at this early stage in the season are generally cack. Later in the seaosn you might get better players but anyone decent would surely be fixed up by now
rock.gif
???

Also see Angus in playing for Grays so guess it wont be him

We really need some people in, but somehow I just don't think it'll happen.

With Gray out injured, it does make me a touch worried...
wow.gif

Back