• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Constantine Contract

Monkey

Talks have started between him and the club.

In the Echo tonight he has said

'Talks have begun but nothing concrete has been offered yet.'

'I would be happy to stay but it's a case of waiting to see what happens.'

Surely the club need to get there priorties in order here. Heres Jay Smith being offered a new contract and we have our top scorer who hasn't been offered anything yet. Sitting duck for other clubs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 28 2004,14:22)]Surely the club need to get there priorties in order here. Heres Jay Smith being offered a new contract and we have our top scorer who hasn't been offered anything yet. Sitting duck for other clubs.
But he's a sitting duck whether we offer him a contract or not. If we offer him one he isn't gonna sign it until he's perused other offers, so why should we be the first in? Shows a sign of desperation.

If he goes, he goes, and there's nowt we can do about it.

He's under contract until 31st June so until then he can't sign any other deals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,15:16)]He's under contract until 31st June so until then he can't sign any other deals.
Get in there. Brilliant news - and also good news about Nicky Nicolau.... if he plays in midfield.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 28 2004,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,15:16)]He's under contract until 31st June so until then he can't sign any other deals.
Get in there.  Brilliant news - and also good news about Nicky Nicolau.... if he plays in midfield.  
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Definitely. Sign him up, but to only play in midfield.

If we get him, Pettefer and Hunt, will we have an abundance of talent in the middle next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 28 2004,16:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 28 2004,16:12)]If we get him, Pettefer and Hunt, will we have an abundance of talent in the middle next year.
we'll have more middle activity potential than a turkish belly dancer strapped to a gyro-slim machine
What a lovely thought to make the afternoon go quicker....(the belly dancer I hasten to add).

I still think Hunt is a better defender, than midfielder....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 28 2004,16:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 28 2004,16:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 28 2004,16:12)]If we get him, Pettefer and Hunt, will we have an abundance of talent in the middle next year.
we'll have more middle activity potential than a turkish belly dancer strapped to a gyro-slim machine
What a lovely thought to make the afternoon go quicker....(the belly dancer I hasten to add).

I still think Hunt is a better defender, than midfielder....
Me too but his touch and composure is better than anyone else in the midfield so he definitely has a claim for a place. It's good having a player who can compete for several different positions.

I've just found a peanut in a raisin and biscuit Yorkie. Does that mean I win anything?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 28 2004,15:34)]
[b said:
Get in there.  Brilliant news - and also good news about Nicky Nicolau.... if he plays in midfield.  
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Yeah definatly agree that if we sign nicolau we should play him in midfield.
Why not try him on sat, although obviously i want us to win i don't think theres much harm in trying a few different things now we are safe.

Gower, Maher, Bentley, Smith, Pettefer, Hunt (although great cover for defense), Nicolau (half decent cover for LB) and possibly Odunsi

Now that is the strength in depth that we need to progress. Also each could chip in with 2 or so goals a season.

how the hell can u call maher rubish?
rock.gif
when were losing hes the only one who will still put in 100% we missed him when we played doncaster

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ April 28 2004,16:57)]how the hell can u call maher rubish?
rock.gif
when were losing hes the only one who will still put in 100% we missed him when we played doncaster
I wouldn't worry about what he said. He seems to be the queen of smartarse comments on here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 28 2004,16:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ April 28 2004,16:57)]how the hell can u call maher rubish?
rock.gif
I wouldn't worry about what he said.  He seems to be the queen of smartarse comments on here.
Queen? I've been promoted.

Some people have no sense of humour......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 28 2004,17:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 28 2004,16:59)]
[b said:
rock.gif
I wouldn't worry about what he said.  He seems to be the queen of smartarse comments on here.
Queen? I've been promoted.

Some people have no sense of humour......
Smartarse?

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Back