• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has been "told" by her brother that they need to take it in turns to visit their mother each day to ensure she's safe and well and not going insane. At the moment they're going twice a week each and having a chat whilst standing at the end of her drive whilst she stands on the doorstep.

That's all well and good, but as I pointed out to my wife:
  • He lives 2 minutes a way, we live about 35 minutes away
  • We have 2 young kids that need us, he as 3 grown up kids that don't live with him
  • My wife looks after her every week whilst he spends months on end abroad
  • Maybe now is the time he took some of the strain
Family I love it! Same here mate and if the same bet He's golden bollocks?

Been trying to volunteer for N.H.S.. Covid 19 as a driver, do this for a brewery.
However been trying for hours to get some help, as its wants me to download something to do with my driving licence. Have not got a clue what they mean.
Put my driving Licence number in, but it wont have it unless i download photo's from files.
I want to volunteer as have in past and fit the critera, but going to have to give up as no help is available with form. Arrrr

Do they want an image of your driving licence?

This sounds like what you have to do when you hire a car It permits the company seeing if you've got points. Basically IIRC you have to go onto the DVLA site and there should be a section about sharing your info. You'll also need your Nat Insurance number. It gives you another number which they use to access your records. I think this is right but I haven't hired a car for a few years.

This sounds like what you have to do when you hire a car It permits the company seeing if you've got points. Basically IIRC you have to go onto the DVLA site and there should be a section about sharing your info. You'll also need your Nat Insurance number. It gives you another number which they use to access your records. I think this is right but I haven't hired a car for a few years.
Yeah that’s right or was last time I hired a car from Southend airport. It was a prerequisite for hiring the car.

By all accounts the true number of deaths is a lot higher - doctors have been told to put the cause of death of a lot of cases as pneumonia.

So you will need a photo or scan of your licence on the device you are using. Are you applying from a phone, tablet or computer.

Computer. Yes they want a photo of driving licence.
I don't know how too do that, surely driving licence number would be ok.
Hey not allowed too volunteer, so just have too leave it

Do you have a smartphone?

Easiest way is to take a photograph of your licence and email to yourself.

On your pc save the attachment and then upload to volunteering site.

Find it hard to believe when there is so much scrutiny and so many potential whistleblowers that in a democracy like ours a cover up
like that would be attempted. I don’t buy it personally MKS but understand you passing that info on. There will be people dying of pneumonia who don’t have covid 19.

Family I love it! Same here mate and if the same bet He's golden bollocks?

Not really. He's the eldest, my wife is the youngest. There's 9 years between them and she's got a really good relationship with her mother.

The issue for me is that we have a rule: I don't get involved in my wife's family business and she doesn't get involved in mine. When it comes to her family, she makes the decisions, and I make the decisions for my family. So, I can tell my wife what I think but at the end of the day it's her choice.

Looks like it was Dr Zaidi as named by his family. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-essex-52040991

I also see the Range stores are still open. How can a cheap mirror or a dried flower arrangement be essential items?

If China's figures are correct? Then it would appear the best way to stop the spread of the virus is a proper total lockdown. The testing & tracking procedure being used by the likes of South Korea and Germany looks pretty good way as well.

Last edited:
The range also sell cleaning products and toiletries......But don't let everyone know or they will all go there.

We appear to be going more the way of Italy and Spain than South Korea or Germany, hope I’m wrong. Think there def needs to be more stringent shutdowns. Builders working on the Grand Hotel site yesterday certainly were not 6 foot apart. They appeared to be blatantly (and loudly) flouting the rules. Shut all non essential construction sites!! Put health before money!!

The range also sell cleaning products and toiletries......But don't let everyone know or they will all go there.

Ah, but what I want to know is, do they sell hand gel? as yet another MP came on yesterday saying every person should be carrying one of these with us everywhere. I've still not seen any on any shelves anywhere for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back