• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Updated matchday prices now on official site. Adult in advance £22 on the day £24. http://www.southendunited.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/
At least no categories!

I'm glad there isn't categories but £22 and £24 seems a lot to me. Even though I have a ST I think £20 would be much attractive to people. £24 on the day to watch southend play for me is too much ragardless of being in league 1. I am sure the clubs have their reasons which I respect but this may put people off.

Having experienced most of the options, I would recommend the blues lounge. There is plus and minuses for the box option. In the box you have no access to a bar, Just a small fridge, hence poor mrsblue having to drink bottles. A small sliding window means you loos out on the atmosphere during the match but you can easily mingle with your friends and of course you don't have to bundle out at half time, full time, toilets etc.
The Wigan game in the lounge would cost you £55+vat per head. You can arrive at 1300, lounge bar (draught beer ltd choice), hosted by David Crown who is always good value. Two course meal, Curry, lasagne and chips, etc which is much better than the box food ( think leftovers from a wedding buffet). Large TV with sky sports, in the box you get a 1970s 12inch portable. The seats are quite low in the blue paddocks so when I go this season I will request seats higher up and nearer the exit, otherwise it takes ten minutes to get back to the lounge for that all important halftime pint.

Listen if you were planning to wed a super rich heiress I wouldn't try an impress her family with a day at the blues lounge. However, if like me last season you have birthday day out with ten mates its great fun and even for football fans something a bit different. If you think about it your having a meal and seeing a match so its really two events for £66 and your giving the money to our club at the same time. If you just want 'value' you could always book the happy ship at McDonalds, that is of course if mrsblue hasn't already booked first.

I couldn't agree more. I had never been in any Southend Corporate Suite for about 20 years until I won a prize for the Blues Lounge on the Blues Lottery. I enjoyed it so much, I go there 3 or 4 times a season now. I have also previously won a lottery into the Platinum Lounge but it is much stuffier than the Blues Lounge ( and I don't mean the air!). Being able to have some banter with David Crown is worth the price alone!

That is true but mrsblue was just answering my question to be fair. I was considering hiring one but decided its a bit outside my price range. I like the idea of having a box for a special occasion but having been in one before its not exactly the best box is in the world so seems a little steep but everyones entitled to their opinion.

My best man sorted us out one for my stag do. It was brilliant and I know he spoke to them and got a pretty decent deal. We paid nowhere near £66 and we had top package. It was really worth it and something I will be looking into doing again and hopefully this season.

Have been known to do this if they offer up deals for cup games etc. Did the Millwall 4-1 in a box a couple of years back and Rochdale in the cup around 2007 time. I wasn't blown away to be honest, I think the Blues Lounge sounds a relatively good deal though.

Grade A box with copious amount of booze will reach the £1000 mark possibly higher!

Good luck with that.

£100 a pop for a 7 hour session with parking, food, other freebies and the best seats in the house. Sounds like a fair deal to me but if you don't like it, don't go. Simple.

Been in a box a couple of times - wasn't all that to be honest, and definitely not work forking out lots of your personal cash for it.

The Blues Lounge seems a good deal if you want hospitality for a special occasion.

I couldn't agree more. I had never been in any Southend Corporate Suite for about 20 years until I won a prize for the Blues Lounge on the Blues Lottery. I enjoyed it so much, I go there 3 or 4 times a season now. I have also previously won a lottery into the Platinum Lounge but it is much stuffier than the Blues Lounge ( and I don't mean the air!). Being able to have some banter with David Crown is worth the price alone!

Same here. I won 2nd prize in a competition run by a 'two bob' website (whose name escapes me) and took GYS Jnr to a game with Blues Lounge hospitality and it was a great afternoon with decent food and was professionally run and DC was an excellent host. I still can't recall the website I won it on though:smile:

Last time I was in the Blues Lounge, I had Barry Fry sign my programme (for it was 1993), and then Jim Rosenthal, the orange sharp-nosed *******, decided he should sign it as well, took the programme out of my hands and scribbled his bile on my programme. i have never forgiven him.

Haha - I remember one game getting to RH at 12, getting in the box at 12:30, and staying easily till 7:30, including a few beers in the players lounge with Eagle Edwards and the Orange Cypriot Imp Nicolau.
Exactly, you may not actually be in the box for 7 hours, but you can easily spend that time there - even start before then in the Shrimpers at 12 before you go in!

Haha - I remember one game getting to RH at 12, getting in the box at 12:30, and staying easily till 7:30, including a few beers in the players lounge with Eagle Edwards and the Orange Cypriot Imp Nicolau.

Good times then,quality stuff !

One excellent thing about the box was you could come out for as many fags as you desired !

What is the platinum suite bar facility like? If not eating is it worth going in there for an hour or two before the game?

What is the platinum suite bar facility like? If not eating is it worth going in there for an hour or two before the game?

I don't know if you can do that?

We enjoyed the Centre Circle Lounge experience for the Sheffield United game as a pre-birthday treat for hubby. Have to say he thoroughly enjoyed his first experience of hospitality at Roots Hall. Food was very good - three courses with a choice of starter and main; excellent host in David Crown; half a bottle of wine each and as much tea or coffee as we wanted. There was a pay bar for any additional drinks.

The Centre Circle price is graded on a game by game basis, this was a "top" category game and I was able to upgrade our tickets for this. Cost was £70 plus VAT per ticket standard, obviously the upgrade was less.

Don't think you can just access the bar, you won't get passed the ferocious Ray Davey on the door. For that you would have to buy a seat in the directors box which I think is about £42. You get some perks....Parking, programme and coffee etc. You get to mingle with players and scouts etc.

Even if you could the bar is more like Del Boy's and there's no draught but they can send someone next door if you want but you end up feeling a nuisance as its a long palaver. With a choice of 2 bottled lagers its not the place to spend 2 hours before a match. There is a sneaky unmarked door on the way out of the stand which takes you into the far post. We often dive through the door after a game because after beating say Sheffield United 3-1 its just plain wrong for any man to make his first drink a bottle instead of a pint.

Don't think you can just access the bar, you won't get passed the ferocious Ray Davey on the door. For that you would have to buy a seat in the directors box which I think is about £42. You get some perks....Parking, programme and coffee etc. You get to mingle with players and scouts etc.

Even if you could the bar is more like Del Boy's and there's no draught but they can send someone next door if you want but you end up feeling a nuisance as its a long palaver. With a choice of 2 bottled lagers its not the place to spend 2 hours before a match. There is a sneaky unmarked door on the way out of the stand which takes you into the far post. We often dive through the door after a game because after beating say Sheffield United 3-1 its just plain wrong for any man to make his first drink a bottle instead of a pint.

I disagree, a bottle is much better after the game, lobbing pint glasses at the away team coach is just so common.

Thanks very much - have tickets for the directors area - says access to platinum suite bar pre match and blues lounge post match - but sounds like should swerve the pre match bar.

Thanks very much - have tickets for the directors area - says access to platinum suite bar pre match and blues lounge post match - but sounds like should swerve the pre match bar.

Yes its ok for a quick beer 20/30 minutes before KO. Don't forget you can access the Far Post bar from the directors area if you arrive early.

Back