• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Court Winding Up Petition 28th October 2020

Perhaps in Rons next update, transparent, new briefing, we could be told about the Lloyds situation Perhaps the Trust could enquire.?

Ron said that all the season ticket money was being held by Lloyds. and the head Honcho was charming and from what Ron said a deal was just around the corner or would be sorted, In the short term Lloyds had agreed to release the money on a game by game basis. On Tuesday we will have played 9 games, so presumably thats the equivalent of 39.13% received based on Home revenue?
Just interested in this, given our leaders confidence in coming to a better deal? I wonder what the full sales of season tickets is actually worth ?

Or what you could say sods law!

I wonder if the Chairman could get a short-term loan from another Board member or friend in the game to get the club over this immediate hurdle of the outstanding tax payment on 28 October?

I wonder if the Chairman could get a short-term loan from another Board member or friend in the game to get the club over this immediate hurdle of the outstanding tax payment on 28 October?

Would you loan him 500 grand ?

What do the board actually do then ,also who the board members does anyone know

The echo article says that Ron is due to release a statement. I'm guessing it will have more contempt for the fans with Ron stating his time would be better spent trying to sort things than releasing statements etc. How the playing field has changed since his last statement etc. Its going to get to a point soon where even rigsby will stop defending him, that is the point I will really panic.

You was at the same soiree as me when CP and RM were answering questions. CP had just had his honeymoon period from relegation to top 4 form. Championship fever was at pandemic levels.

Thats why I asked the question about signing players that summer. I knew the dangers of chasing the Championship and even if we made it, why we could never have even a sporting chance without a new stadium first.

The bizarre thing is we had had the ultimate warning when Tilly achieved it just a few years before. From careful and and league status saving financial management under PS and then PB in L2, we were now spending way above our weight.

Just to clarify once again a great zone myth about PB's budget.... He was upset he could not sign two strikers in the summer of 2014 because our maximum wage was £1500 and strikers in national league South were earning more than that.

4 years later and we were offering three times those wages. Yet when very few of us flagged it up were openly mocked on here....No ambition, happy for mid-table mediocrity......anyone who doesn't demand promotion at the start for a each season has no 'passion'......Or how about the dozens of posts of why cant we be Bury. Lets sign 15 players and sack everyone behind the scenes......Even the fat lad with the fork wasn't safe.

Now it seems it was everyone else on here saying all this and rigsby is really Ron. You can even be a troll from incest land and get some likes. Germans who never noticed the concentration camps 2 mile form their home town.....They all hated Hitler after they lost.....Now its the same with Ron with his spending and sackings.

Still it not all bad news, Cricko asked what would happen to the zone if the club is no more......Personally I would sign us up as spin doctors for the Labour party or the Democrats... The skills shown on here is worth a lot of money.

P.S...... Dear Tangled this is a little joke and it no way does mean you can mention politics in your reply.....To you and all decent Shrimpers....Have a nice Monday. You have far worse to come in the very near future. :Winking:

Perhaps in Rons next update, transparent, new briefing, we could be told about the Lloyds situation Perhaps the Trust could enquire.?

Ron said that all the season ticket money was being held by Lloyds. and the head Honcho was charming and from what Ron said a deal was just around the corner or would be sorted, In the short term Lloyds had agreed to release the money on a game by game basis. On Tuesday we will have played 9 games, so presumably thats the equivalent of 39.13% received based on Home revenue?
Just interested in this, given our leaders confidence in coming to a better deal? I wonder what the full sales of season tickets is actually worth ?

But only 5 of those have been home games so 22%?

Would you loan him 500 grand ?

If that was 'small change' to me and I was a member of the Southend Board, I think the answer would be yes. But that is 'big change' to me and I am not a Director of the club.

I am not on Twitter but if anyone on the Zone could contact CP to find out when he expects RM to respond the sooner the better

As it stands, with no surprise, Ron, We, can not pay the tax man.

Revenue has been, to my estimate, much less than the required minimum income since the last court appearance.

The CK money will be a deposit for the debt and we will, if lucky, limp on still under embargo.

And think on it when you watch Sly TV or your mate parades in a premship shirt, ONE week of Bales's (or a 100 other "stars") money would get us going and maybe rescue 70+ jobs and the hopes of 7000.

Last edited:
You was at the same soiree as me when CP and RM were answering questions. CP had just had his honeymoon period from relegation to top 4 form. Championship fever was at pandemic levels.

Thats why I asked the question about signing players that summer. I knew the dangers of chasing the Championship and even if we made it, why we could never have even a sporting chance without a new stadium first.

The bizarre thing is we had had the ultimate warning when Tilly achieved it just a few years before. From careful and and league status saving financial management under PS and then PB in L2, we were now spending way above our weight.

Just to clarify once again a great zone myth about PB's budget.... He was upset he could not sign two strikers in the summer of 2014 because our maximum wage was £1500 and strikers in national league South were earning more than that.

4 years later and we were offering three times those wages. Yet when very few of us flagged it up were openly mocked on here....No ambition, happy for mid-table mediocrity......anyone who doesn't demand promotion at the start for a each season has no 'passion'......Or how about the dozens of posts of why cant we be Bury. Lets sign 15 players and sack everyone behind the scenes......Even the fat lad with the fork wasn't safe.

Now it seems it was everyone else on here saying all this and rigsby is really Ron. You can even be a troll from incest land and get some likes. Germans who never noticed the concentration camps 2 mile form their home town.....They all hated Hitler after they lost.....Now its the same with Ron with his spending and sackings.

Still it not all bad news, Cricko asked what would happen to the zone if the club is no more......Personally I would sign us up as spin doctors for the Labour party or the Democrats... The skills shown on here is worth a lot of money.

P.S...... Dear Tangled this is a little joke and it no way does mean you can mention politics in your reply.....To you and all decent Shrimpers....Have a nice Monday. You have far worse to come in the very near future. :Winking:
Ron and Hitler never thought of that comparison....Just hope he doesn't go to his bunker on Tues night!

As it stands, with no surprise, Ron, We, can not pay the tax man.

Revenue has been, to my estimate, much less than income since the last court appearance.

The CK money will be a deposit for the debt and we will, if lucky, limp on still under embargo.

And think on it when you watch Sly TV or your mate parades in a premship shirt, ONE week of Bales's (or a 100 other "stars") money would get us going and maybe rescue 70+ jobs and the hopes of 7000.

The near sighted attitude of the guys up top in the Premiership & at many of the clubs seems to be “pull the ladder up Jack & sod the rest”.

Those at the top of the pyramid might do well to remember whose shoulders they are standing on at the bottom.

Someone on here mentioned Chelsea spent £200m in the last transfer window, 0.5% of that would at least put us in a somewhat better position than the mess we’re in at present.

But it’s very much a case of “I’ll keep what I’ve got (AND ask for more) & you keep what you haven’t got”?

Things need to change.

Back