• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
[video=youtube;Z-ST6-yMprA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ST6-yMprA[/video]

Two things stand out for me. Firstly, the passes by both Wordsworth and Mooney for two of the goals were fantastic, and secondly, Pigott scored his second with his left foot.

All in all, some pretty good goals there.

Weston made his goal look easy and the pig did narf hit his second well:smile:

Bentley's distribution was spot on and Weston held up the ball really well after receiving it from the throw out, quality from all 3 players involved.

Great finishing from Pigott, one right foot, one left foot. Great passes from Coker and Mooney.

The only thing I would say is that I have not seen that much space being given to our players in League 1 matches.

[video=youtube;Z-ST6-yMprA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ST6-yMprA[/video]

Two things stand out for me. Firstly, the passes by both Wordsworth and Mooney for two of the goals were fantastic, and secondly, Pigott scored his second with his left foot.

All in all, some pretty good goals there.

Quick distribution form Bentley as usual, great shielding of the ball by Weston, lay off to wordy, great pass up field from Wordy to Weston and good finish.

2 great goals from Pigott too, we want more of that in the league now please

Quick distribution form Bentley as usual, great shielding of the ball by Weston, lay off to wordy, great pass up field from Wordy to Weston and good finish.

2 great goals from Pigott too, we want more of that in the league now please

As already mentioned, we won't get that kind of space in the league. Crawley are poor and it showed - three good finishes mind.

My god they look like a pub team, Mooney is literally walking for that 3rd goal and even has a dance with the ref

My god they look like a pub team, Mooney is literally walking for that 3rd goal and even has a dance with the ref
They were poor indeed, very poor after having a go and getting no-where btn 45-75 mintes in; their heads dropped and they stopped closing down etc AND we ought to have had 6 or 7 goals really, Atko had a couple of top chances that he got himself into place for but didn't finish.

Shows how much the competition means to the players, look at them go crazy when we score :smile:

Three great finishes though.

The goal celebrations certainly looked like friendly match level. The 10 minutes worth on Blues Player shows that in spades.

Whilst I agree this was never the toughest of tests, lets not forget we had really made them chase shadows all game. After a while their manager was shouting instructions to Barnard and the other forward to not close down so hard, save energy etc

Was there a big deflection off the Crawley 5 for Pigs first?...funny how when your luck changes things start going for you. A month ago that would of probably been headed out for a corner.

Was there a big deflection off the Crawley 5 for Pigs first?...funny how when your luck changes things start going for you. A month ago that would of probably been headed out for a corner.

... and on another day his second hits the bar and he looks a muppet. Such small margins from having things going against you to things going for you.

A little bit of self confidence and hopefully he sways it to the latter more often.

One comment...can the players please celebrate towards our fans? People have spent good money to follow the Blues to these games. We would like to celebrate with the players rather than see them run away from us.

One comment...can the players please celebrate towards our fans? People have spent good money to follow the Blues to these games. We would like to celebrate with the players rather than see them run away from us.
2 of the goals were at the opposite end and for the 3rd goal Pigott ran over to the Southend fans in the seats..

Must have felt like a glorified friendly to them!
Just out of interest I took my Grandson who noticed the ref is his school RUGBY MASTER !!
My Grandson goes to school in West Sussex, may possibly explain some of those mystifying free kicks agains the blues.
We wanted FOUR ........

Absolutely, but, even worse as already mentioned no celebrations at all. Myles must have felt like a leper after he scored the first. He got barely an acknowledgement as he trudged back for the restart.

Absolutely, but, even worse as already mentioned no celebrations at all. Myles must have felt like a leper after he scored the first. He got barely an acknowledgement as he trudged back for the restart.

Leprosy - now there's a disease that doesn't get much mention ........... not like in the days of the Romans. :unsure:

Back