• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup 2019

End of innings, England 311-8.

Not a complete disaster, but i feel realistically we should have / could have put in a score of around 350 -370.

Shame Root, Moeen and Woakes to an extent didnt perform as i expected them to be, otherwise i think we would have been close to the 370 mark.

Yeah the bowlers have a job to do, SA don't bat that deep so a couple of early wickets and we should be in control. If the top order get in and firing we could be in trouble though. I'd say we have the advantage, not by much though.

Edited my post to reflect it was Bairstow getting the duck, not Root with his 51.

I'm blaming my lunch time glass of wine in the sun!!

Yeah the bowlers have a job to do, SA don't bat that deep so a couple of early wickets and we should be in control. If the top order get in and firing we could be in trouble though. I'd say we have the advantage, not by much though.

I honestly couldn't call it. I think your right that it will go down to the wire. Hoping we will get some early wickets and have some kind of idea at around the 20th over.

Although we didnt see much of him, i was impressed with Jofra Archer at number 10 on his debut with his 7 runs off 3 balls, can't wait to see what he can do with the ball.

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't call it. I think your right that it will go down to the wire. Hoping we will get some early wickets and have some kind of idea at around the 20th over.

The bookies have us favourites but there have only been 5 lower totals at the Oval in ODIs since 2015 and only 1 of them have been defended. It appears very close but it could look very different 20 overs in, like you say.

Took my team out and watched this mainly in the pub. One of them is a loud and brash South African. Enjoyed it. A fair bit.

Great win. Considering we never got to our free hitting best with everyone getting out just as they looked to accelerate, to win by over 100 runs shows we are dangerous in both suits now.

Windies v Pakistan today, keep the cricket coming!

The good thing is with the win, was it was a below par score and we still won with ease, proves how the team have depth and belief

Got Archer at 20-1 to be leading wicket taker and today at 25-1 Chris Gayle leading batsmen to take centre stage

The good thing is with the win, was it was a below par score and we still won with ease, proves how the team have depth and belief

Got Archer at 20-1 to be leading wicket taker and today at 25-1 Chris Gayle leading batsmen to take centre stage

I did think about having a bet on Gayle because I love the guy, but I don't think he'll play every game. He's 39 and struggled with aches and pains in the series against us at the beginning of the year, with the games coming thick and fast I think he may miss a few. I'm hoping he's fit for the England game though as I'm going to that one and want to see the universe boss and Dre Russ do their thing.

Back