• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fails most weeks? But managed to get us promoted and a safe mid table positions. Wish I failed most weeks at work...

As long as you are happy with poor tactics, poor subs, slow build up play and no plan B then good for you.

To use your work analogy, my boss wouldn't be happy if I could do better by trying different things at work to get better results but I just didn't bother, hoping that just giving something that would cover my job would get me praise

You lost me on 'current form'.

We've played one game.

Indeed, we cant use games from 3 months ago as "current" form when we have changed a large part of the team.

On current form of one game we would still get relegated mind :smile:

Thanks OBL!

Yes it has happened before!

6 consecutive defeats August to September 1987 feat an 8-1 defeat to Gillingham, 6-2 to Notts County and 4-1 to Port Vale.
6 consecutive defeats February to March 1954.
6 consecutive defeats December 1931 to January 1932, although one was FA Cup and not league.

Pre-WWI scores not recorded for any league fixtures. We've never gone 7 defeats in a row.

Jesus, so you could say we are on the worst run of form for nigh on 30 years. Can only get better I suppose :hilarious:

Crikey ITS ONLY THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON !!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

And we were the better team in the first half :smile:

It was an appalling second half and all criticisms are valid, but we need to give the team a chance. It is also understandable when people look at the form of last season and just see this as a continuation.

I dont think Phil will be allowed much of a bad run though, pressure most certainly on.

Last 8 league games....LDLLLLLL....1 point from 24 is an utter disaster.

I'm sorry, but banging on about how he got us promoted is not going to keep him in a job ad-infinitum.

Look at the manner in which we stuttered over the line in 14/15 - we simply needed to hold on at a **** poor Morecambe, and set up in a manner which presented us with a heavy defeat. We then only just scraped through in the final - and yes, a win is a win and all that, but the residual fact here is that Brown is an absolutely woeful tactician, and never has a fallback option when things go awry.

Saturday was a continuation of the extremely concerning form of the tail end of last season, and if anything (if this is even possible), the defending from set-pieces and our inability to take advantage of a position of strength (i.e. kill off a game when we have the opportunity) were even more abysmal than last season.

I'm sorry, but banging on about how he got us promoted is not going to keep him in a job ad-infinitum.

Look at the manner in which we stuttered over the line in 14/15 - we simply needed to hold on at a **** poor Morecambe, and set up in a manner which presented us with a heavy defeat. We then only just scraped through in the final - and yes, a win is a win and all that, but the residual fact here is that Brown is an absolutely woeful tactician, and never has a fallback option when things go awry.

Saturday was a continuation of the extremely concerning form of the tail end of last season, and if anything (if this is even possible), the defending from set-pieces and our inability to take advantage of a position of strength (i.e. kill off a game when we have the opportunity) were even more abysmal than last season.

So you ignore the 9 games we won in a row before that and focus on the one final game of the season? 9 wins out of 10 wasnt exactly stuttering, we stormed from a play off position into the top 3 and missed out despite getting record points. Even in the final we should have won in normal time bar an absurd disallowed goal.

Ignoring the achievement that season as lucky is very unfair.

That said as you say the promotion wont keep him in a job forever, he has used that credit up already and moving onto more recent events we did ok last season overall, but fact is we were terrible second half of last season and if things dont improve drastically over the next few weeks he will be gone. Im sure Ron told him as much.

Last 25 league games....pld 25 won 6 drawn 4 lost 15 gf 28 ga 44 pts 22.....22 points from 75 maximum is disturbing,in 16 games of this dreadful run the team managed a pathetic 6 goals !!!!!!

Most owners would have pressed the ejector seat button by now.

How many games do you give PB on a poor run before making a change? I've always felt 10 at the start of the season as a minimum to see where the team is heading. I think some on here are decided after just the 1 (I appreciate it's the run-in last season too, I also appreciate it's the performances being endured) but more importantly perhaps, how many do you think RM is likely to give it before thinking about a change?

Back