• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current kit

lincoln shrimper

Not sure if any of you heard me (Lincoln shrimper) on Talk Sport just before xmas on the shootout with Ray Houghton, but I won a Southend home shirt and a six pack of alcohol free lager!!

Anyway after two months of wondering why I hadn't received my prize, I received a letter with a cheque for £38 saying that the club shop did not have any in stock and would I like to buy my own shirt when they do finally have some.

Question is: Are the club keeping this kit for next season as well? That will obviously decide whether I will buy it this season or wait until the the summer if they are going to change it.

Yes they're keeping it for 2 seasons for once!
wow.gif

"Anyway after two months of wondering why I hadn't received my prize, I received a letter with a cheque for £38 saying that the club shop did not have any in stock and would I like to buy my own shirt when they do finally have some."

Thats brilliant. Well done SUFC ...

laugh.gif

Well I heard that we'd be keeping it for 2 seasons, but I'm confused because I thought we had a two-year kit supplying contract with Nike Teamwear, and if this is the case, then this is the last year of that contract and we can't keep the same kit next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lincoln shrimper @ Feb. 28 2005,21:17)]Anyway after two months of wondering why I hadn't received my prize, I received a letter with a cheque for £38 saying that the club shop did not have any in stock and would I like to buy my own shirt when they do finally have some.
You ARE joking?!

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Feb. 28 2005,22:12)]Well I heard that we'd be keeping it for 2 seasons, but I'm confused because I thought we had a two-year kit supplying contract with Nike Teamwear, and if this is the case, then this is the last year of that contract and we can't keep the same kit next year.
This is whats got me slightly confused. The Nike deal was supposedly two years but last summer the club definately said that this home kit would last two years to go alongside the current sponsership deal. So either they know that they have another deal in the pipeline with Teamwear or they haven't and will use that as an excuse to change the kit once again in the summer.

I suspect the latter.

Firstly, I'm absolutely staggered at the competition ****-up, that really is beyond belief.

Secondly, I really hope we do keep this kit for another season - I think it's the nicest we've had for a long long time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Mar. 01 2005,01:34)]Firstly, I'm absolutely staggered at the competition ****-up, that really is beyond belief.

Secondly, I really hope we do keep this kit for another season - I think it's the nicest we've had for a long long time.
Seconded. It's a great lookingstrip. In fact, for the first time since I've been supporting the Blues, I've thought all 3 shirts were worth buying! Much better than last year's effort, and a far cry from the days of Olympic shirts with Telewest sponsors, when it looked like the players had hurled on their own shirts. Or that's what I remember 'The Sun' saying, anyway....

I think people are making assumptions here.

YES - We do have a 2 year sponsorship deal!
YES - We seem to have a longer deal with Nike Teamwear!
NO - Confirmation has not been given with regard to us keeping the same kit for next season!!

Either way i am not bothered as I like getting new kit each year as it replaces the one covered in beer/kebab/curry stains etc!!! Also, provides much needed revenue to the club (assuming they decide to stock it!!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Mar. 01 2005,08:05)]
a far cry from the days of Olympic shirts with Telewest sponsors, when it looked like the players had hurled on their own shirts.
I preferred the image of "Bart Simpson appearing on the Mystery Guest Round on a Question of Sport" in terms of that shirt.

according to the club shop the home kit stays for next season but they will be bringing out new away strips

Lets hope this is true and we can retain Nike as a kit supplier

We dont want to go back to having our kits made by people like Hi-Tec or Sho!!

Up The Blues

LDV Champions 04-05

I think the away light blue shirt is the nicest this year.

Couldn't believe saw someone was wearing the 'Custard Splat' shirt on Saturday.

I got rid of it as there is too much depression associated with it.

The day I bought it, I went on to Oxford where we were stuffed 5-0.

Don't forget we have a silver kit due out next Wednesday as well.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 01 2005,08:52)]I think people are making assumptions here.

NO - Confirmation has not been given with regard to us keeping the same kit for next season!!
Thje club said last summer that we WOULD keep the home kit for two years this time. If you want to call that us "making assumptions" then fair enough.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 01 2005,15:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 01 2005,08:52)]I think people are making assumptions here.

Thje club said last summer that we WOULD keep the home kit for two years this time. If you want to call that us "making assumptions" then fair enough.....
I don't recall there ever being official confirmation of this, just plenty of assumptions being made at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 01 2005,16:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 01 2005,15:59)]
[b said:

I don't recall there ever being official confirmation of this, just plenty of assumptions being made at the time.
That's what I thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 01 2005,14:03)]Surely the 2005 version will be gold  
tounge.gif
Didn't we once have old gold as our away shirt? (I'm talking many years ago here, back in the 50s i think)

Back