• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 0-2 Southend United

Awesome performance, if we can get the embargo lifted then who knows!

Need to get Colin and Coker signed up on long term deals!

One negative was some absolute idiot and his mate, giving Anna Firth some vile abuse. Like any club we unfortunately have a few brain dead idiots who follow us, just totally embarrassing.

Onward and upwards to Dorking.
I wish those idiots would just stay at home and watch the footy on TV. Embarrassing !

What an amazing day!

The collective all battled, hounded and won everything for the second game running, it was brilliant.

Wes was like prime Yaya in the first half. Kev has to make sure he doesn't put those gloves on for the game Tuesday. Taking them off has been a revelation. Cardwell provided another top drawer number 9's performance. He chased, tackled and won so many lost causes. He also provided a threat which I think he lacked a little last season as he wasn't fit. He certainly looks fit now. Taylor looks like player of the season contender already. He has been so good in both games. Good on the lad. The dynamism Husin brings is irreplaceable. Keeping him fit has been problematic since he joined us though, so I really hope he has got over that.

The scenes at the end watching a youth player (Coker) take his plaudits and Kev taking his was truly moving. Two individuals at different stages of their careers both representing our incredible club was a joy to see.

Let's enjoy these moments while we can. Utb!

Agree with the above especially regards Cardwell and Taylor. It’s like the squad and the fans have this same battling mentality and determination to win against the odds. Hobson leaving forced us into a situation where we’ve had to adapt and we actually look better (so far) without him. Gus for me embodies this team and the spirit. I love seeing him put it all out there, interacting with the crowd etc.

Indeed enjoy it while we can as there’ll be tougher spells and harder games.

It feels like a long season already, thats how worried i am about the boys staying fit. Ron if you won't go, then how about backing Kevin Maher, for the love of god man we can't continue like this. A football chairman who, with a team at the top of the table, has a transfer embargo for a year, its nuts.

Have fun my Shrimper buddies, it'll be a bumpy ride. But how can you not back that team ! The state of the club right now, we should have 1500 attendances at home in non league, instead we are knocking in 6-8k thats bonkers.

Youth teamer stepping up to bang in 20yd curlers, strikers that smash home inside the box, the sheer work rate off the ball and control and intelligence whilst in possession, this is great ! We havent found our Freddy Eastwood yet, but i love watching this team.

Having Husin ripping around the Daggers pitch, just wow. Kev, how do you do it ? Against all the odds, we are steamrolling the Oldhams and the Daggers. Bring on Tuesday night.

‘Their just children who can’t be told so we get fed up with the attitude and act’ not my words but a police sergeant yesterday talking to me,now I’m all for the youngsters having a good time, Christ we’ve all been there but yesterday just a few were way over the top, now all this old git suggests lads is be aware of people around you,by the way the young support and singing was top notch rant over.UTB

Saw somewhere that Josh Rees went into the pub after the game where Southend fans were and congratulated us and also said he would love to join us, but obvs the situ is or did prevent that in the summer. Always liked him as a player but wouldn’t swop any of ours at the moment, but would have him as a squad player no problem
If the Daggers fans see this, they could have a Harry Lennon - Dover meltdown, some on here had 😂

‘Their just children who can’t be told so we get fed up with the attitude and act’ not my words but a police sergeant yesterday talking to me,now I’m all for the youngsters having a good time, Christ we’ve all been there but yesterday just a few were way over the top, now all this old git suggests lads is be aware of people around you,by the way the young support and singing was top notch rant over.UTB
I saw a few small groups as I left giving it to some daggers fans walking on their own (inexplicable given we won - be happy and don’t intimidate folk), one lad thought he was some kind of unbreakable and could walk in front of cars. No need for any of it - they look stupid not smart. But it was a small number of youngsters from a big away following.

I saw a few small groups as I left giving it to some daggers fans walking on their own (inexplicable given we won - be happy and don’t intimidate folk), one lad thought he was some kind of unbreakable and could walk in front of cars. No need for any of it - they look stupid not smart. But it was a small number of youngsters from a big away following.
Probably the same group who thought its was funny to snipe at fellow 50+ Shrimper on the platform at Upminster on the way to the game. Amazing how quiet they went when another 6 or 7 of his mates came down the stairs.

If they are going to be that embarrassing then they had best remember. They are now certainly old enough for a slap.

What a great day all round. I was confident of win pre match and I was 100% convinced when the lads came out of the tunnel and each one glance over their shoulder......That glance back at the 1200 said "We are one and the same and we are going to put on show today"......That team spirit matched by our support is why we have won the first 2 games for the first time in 25years.

From the off we were on the front foot we picked more pockets than the Artful Dodger. That first goal summed up all that been good so far....Steal the ball, move to quickly, minimal touches in the final third and fire it into the best areas. Cardwell or Powell could have scored that.

Another calm clean sheet from Colin with special mention to 3 or 4 excellently timed tackles from Taylor.... They never really troubled us. Top number 9's display again from Harry C and the nuisance factor of Powell might go unnoticed by a lot of our fans but drew high praise by the Daggers in the pub after the game. Yes CP could do with bit more disguise as so many attempts are blocked but compare HC and CP to their front pairing...

Midfield are ticking like smooth unit and Oli on as sub is worth anyones entrance fee alone.

Here's another thing Football is often like life. Don't worry about fatigue and injuries that might never happen in November. Enjoy the best moments while they happen. No need for several changes on Tuesday. We can win it again by half time, then deal with resting players......Enjoy your Sunday and forget about Ron. Its a great weekend to be a Shrimper.

Saw somewhere that Josh Rees went into the pub after the game where Southend fans were and congratulated us and also said he would love to join us, but obvs the situ is or did prevent that in the summer. Always liked him as a player but wouldn’t swop any of ours at the moment, but would have him as a squad player no problem
There is plenty of truth in that. Rees was a deal on the table under Brown but the orange one opted for James Dunne instead.

SOUTHEND United striker Harry Cardwell felt the Shrimpers' 2-0 win at Dagenham & Redbridge was inspired by the travelling supporters.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Thank you for those words Harry, it means a lot to have the players say the support was immense. The reaction of the crowd when your goal went in sent shivers down my spine.

Thank you for those words Harry, it means a lot to have the players say the support was immense. The reaction of the crowd when your goal went in sent shivers down my spine.
I agree. If I were Kev once the embargo is gone I'd be thinking about including Harry in my defensive numbers and go for another holding midfield as close to the quality of Cav as we can find. Assuming we are sticking we a 3 at the back I think Harry slots in there really well. I'm not sure if he's a 1 of 2 though if he wants that flexibility.

What a great day all round. I was confident of win pre match and I was 100% convinced when the lads came out of the tunnel and each one glance over their shoulder......That glance back at the 1200 said "We are one and the same and we are going to put on show today"......That team spirit matched by our support is why we have won the first 2 games for the first time in 25years.

From the off we were on the front foot we picked more pockets than the Artful Dodger. That first goal summed up all that been good so far....Steal the ball, move to quickly, minimal touches in the final third and fire it into the best areas. Cardwell or Powell could have scored that.

Another calm clean sheet from Colin with special mention to 3 or 4 excellently timed tackles from Taylor.... They never really troubled us. Top number 9's display again from Harry C and the nuisance factor of Powell might go unnoticed by a lot of our fans but drew high praise by the Daggers in the pub after the game. Yes CP could do with bit more disguise as so many attempts are blocked but compare HC and CP to their front pairing...

Midfield are ticking like smooth unit and Oli on as sub is worth anyones entrance fee alone.

Here's another thing Football is often like life. Don't worry about fatigue and injuries that might never happen in November. Enjoy the best moments while they happen. No need for several changes on Tuesday. We can win it again by half time, then deal with resting players......Enjoy your Sunday and forget about Ron. Its a great weekend to be a Shrimper.
We won the first two league games in 2014/15 too I think.

Back