• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Dagenham & Redbridge 0 - 2 Southend United

so good, i had to watch it twice. Great tackle back, that gave gus the ball, great through ball to was... the rest is history.
Great save from Colin, the cat...
Didnt like the fake injury from cardwell, as soon as the ball was kicked, up and running without a limp...
what a strike from Coker... he'll be snapped up at this rate.

2 games, no bridge goal... what going on? Three amigo out!

A very satisfying way to spend a rainy Monday morning. Well done lads. Keep it up against Dorking

Love that from Cards. Wanted that ball more than anyone else on the planet at that moment. Very intelligent run again, like he did in the Oldham game, for Moons goal.

so good, i had to watch it twice. Great tackle back, that gave gus the ball, great through ball to was... the rest is history.
Great save from Colin, the cat...
Didnt like the fake injury from cardwell, as soon as the ball was kicked, up and running without a limp...
what a strike from Coker... he'll be snapped up at this rate.

2 games, no bridge goal... what going on? Three amigo out!
although this is one of my pet hates in football, anyone who has watched us in the NL especially at RH will watch our opponents do this to us time and time again. About time we started to return the favour

As nicely struck as Cokers goal was, I would be amazed if anyone gets as much time again to place a shot - awful defending.
There is such a great team spirit with these guys that although we clearly need additional players, they really need to be the right 'type'.

As nicely struck as Cokers goal was, I would be amazed if anyone gets as much time again to place a shot - awful defending.
There is such a great team spirit with these guys that although we clearly need additional players, they really need to be the right 'type'.

The best part about that goal was that he didn't use all the time he had. Whether he would be given the amount of time he did use, it might happen a few more times this season but if he keeps scoring, he will have to find the space rather than be gifted it.

Funny thing, even as Wes received the ball and started driving forwards, was the crowd shouting “lay it off” to Bridge - almost from the moment Wes received it.

He delayed that pass and kept Bridge in space beautifully.

As a rare piece of football artistry, it was up there with Taylor’s defensive back-heel. Brilliant.

Indeed. I couldn't believe the amount of space he had. Actually, that's a lie. My son told me that three defenders seemed to be having a mothers' meeting on the right hand side, leaving him completely free. I thought he might have been exaggerating, but he wasn't.

However, I suppose you have to give Oli a bit of credit for actually being there.

Funny thing, even as Wes received the ball and started driving forwards, was the crowd shouting “lay it off” to Bridge - almost from the moment Wes received it.

He delayed that pass and kept Bridge in space beautifully.

As a rare piece of football artistry, it was up there with Taylor’s defensive back-heel. Brilliant.
I must confess, I was one of those urging him to release the ball quicker!

Not so much awful defending, more like credit to Miley for quick free kick in the 95th minute and then to Mooney. Rather than look to time waste and win another throw, Mooney drives in on his trusted left foot leaving two defenders out of the game. Oli proves once agin that fortune favours the brave in the NL. He wasn't camped in the safe option of the centre circle, he is on the edge of the D with youthful confidence. lovely shape on the shot to finish another great move.

Not so much awful defending, more like credit to Miley for quick free kick in the 95th minute and then to Mooney. Rather than look to time waste and win another throw, Mooney drives in on his trusted left foot leaving two defenders out of the game. Oli proves once agin that fortune favours the brave in the NL. He wasn't camped in the safe option of the centre circle, he is on the edge of the D with youthful confidence. lovely shape on the shot to finish another great move.
I’m not sure it really falls into the category of “quick free kick” given the time elapsed between the whistle and the taking of it, but I know what you mean. Cardwell was still down, which is what seemed to catch Daggers off guard. One or two of their players never really recovered their positions which is what afforded Coker the time and space.

Back