• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just like to say this again, sorry!
Southampton paid Gillingham £2m for Gazinga as a talented young keeper in League 2. Gazinga far less appearances, not British, not as many clean sheet, Not on radar of England Under 21s. Yes times have got slightly harder, but not in terms of Premiership spending? So £1m would be a steal? but then again we have Rons preparedness to take low cash offers as renowned. We are not in an embargo and the Housing market has rocketed, surely Ronaldo has done well from this on the property side, so we shouldnt have to flog off the family silver cheaply, ..but this is Ron , so metaphorically £4.50 and a bag of crisps could be on the cards?

On the contrary , this is the same Ron that turned down Six Figure Sums for both McCormack & Bilel . Now i'm not defending Ron (perish the thought) , as in hindsight we should have accepted both bids , but think Ron would only sell a player if the price was right. ( I personally think £400k + 25% sell on would be fair for Bentley )

I hope I'm wrong but I think Dan's off next week. At the end of the Wimbledon game he seemed to do a very slow lap of the pitch clapping each stand.

I know it's a bit of the norm, but I was watching and it just seemed a bit slow and goodbyeish.

2+2=5 and all that, probably reading far too much into applauding the fans...

But according to "Around the UK" on BBC teletext East, we are not a selling club. With PB quoted as saying "Maybe bigger clubs will come in but the board have assured me that we don't necessarily have to sell anybody. That was the key point from our board meeting: we're not a selling club." :hilarious:

On the contrary , this is the same Ron that turned down Six Figure Sums for both McCormack & Bilel . Now i'm not defending Ron (perish the thought) , as in hindsight we should have accepted both bids , but think Ron would only sell a player if the price was right. ( I personally think £400k + 25% sell on would be fair for Bentley )

We got an initial £200k rising to £500k for Ferdinand, so with that in mind, I don't think £400k would be good business at all. If Gazzaniga was worth £2.5m after 20 appearances in League 2 and Jack Butland was worth £3.3m, I'd feel hard done by at £400k.

If he gets an under-21 call up whilst still with us then I wouldn't start negotiations at anything less than £1.5m. With nearly 2 years left on his contract we're under no pressure to sell quickly and there's no doubting he's a huge talent who will go far.

We got an initial £200k rising to £500k for Ferdinand, so with that in mind, I don't think £400k would be good business at all. If Gazzaniga was worth £2.5m after 20 appearances in League 2 and Jack Butland was worth £3.3m, I'd feel hard done by at £400k.

If he gets an under-21 call up whilst still with us then I wouldn't start negotiations at anything less than £1.5m. With nearly 2 years left on his contract we're under no pressure to sell quickly and there's no doubting he's a huge talent who will go far.

What he said. For once we are in the driving seat.

In an ideal world SUFC will get promoted this season and again next season, Bentley will stay for those promotions ,then SUFC will get a nice 10 million in transfer fee for him from Barca or Real Madrid.Because by that time young Smith will be ready for first team action.But thats in an ideal world.:nope:

Back