• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many clean sheets last season? That was around 20 as well wasnt it?

Obviously the team take some credit for it, but even so to be in only his 2nd full season and to have kept around 40 clean sheets and to break the record is a fantastic achievement.

To be honest this is a record and an achievement by the whole team not just Bentley, in fact the whole squad and backroom staff too. Yes Daniels name is in lights, but it's an enormous achievement by Southend United as a whole collecting those clean sheets.

Does anybody know what the actual English record is for consecutive home clean sheets ?? Dan must be fairly close ??

Dan breaks the all time record of 11 home games without conceding a goal..

It is a fantastic achievement ....Well Done Dan! :clap::happy:

i2k5l0.jpg

Let's add a few posts here to send to him via The Zone.

Without wanting to put too much of a dampener on things. I see this poster and it looks like a marketing pamphlet you might give to a club you were hoping to buy one of your players.

I bet Ron is already sending this to the local printers.

Back to the achievement, a very fine achievement for a young lad although we shouldn't forget that there is a defense in front of him which has also worked hard to keep the ball out (sure I've seen some goal-line clearances etc) and not given away needless penalties which may have jeopardized the run.

Without wanting to put too much of a dampener on things. I see this poster and it looks like a marketing pamphlet you might give to a club you were hoping to buy one of your players.

I bet Ron is already sending this to the local printers.

Back to the achievement, a very fine achievement for a young lad although we shouldn't forget that there is a defense in front of him which has also worked hard to keep the ball out (sure I've seen some goal-line clearances etc) and not given away needless penalties which may have jeopardized the run.
Good point on the number of goal line clearences. As others have said it's a great achievement for him and the team. There have been matches where the defence has cleared of the line etc (which is part of their job), and there have been games where Dan has pulled off great saves. let's not forget his string of penalty saves and the not and sturrocks decision to bring him on for penalties. In. would be great if he can go on to pull off a wonder save like mildenhall at Chelsea, and a match performance like Smith at Brentwood then to me he would have the record, a promotion:winking:,and the best save and performance that I have seen by a Southend keeper. Nothing like upping the expectations.

To be honest this is a record and an achievement by the whole team not just Bentley, in fact the whole squad and backroom staff too. Yes Daniels name is in lights, but it's an enormous achievement by Southend United as a whole collecting those clean sheets.

Absolutely correct. Why all the hype for the 'keeper. He has played his part undoubtedly but so has the defence etc. This is a full team effort and should be applauded as such.

Absolutely correct. Why all the hype for the 'keeper. He has played his part undoubtedly but so has the defence etc. This is a full team effort and should be applauded as such.

Same for the strikers though. Strikers who score 25 goals in a season are lauded, but it's team who create the chances.

Brian Clough always said that Peter Shilton was worth 20 points a season to Forest .

Fantastic.This thread was explicitly for those who wished to thank Dan for his achievement to so do, perhaps in the hope of making him feel loved and wanted.... Instead, just as happens too often at Roots Hall, there is a chorus of moaning, nit-picking and belittling of his achievement. Get a grip for ****'s sake!

Totally agree
There is no doubt Dan is a good goalkeeper, that possibly could get better.
But i agree it is a team game, and with the likes of Thommo throwing himself in front of shots, Prosser stopping one going in the top corner, and being stretchered off, Timlin & Lennys last ditch tackles, have helped Dan get all this adulation

Totally agree
There is no doubt Dan is a good goalkeeper, that possibly could get better.
But i agree it is a team game, and with the likes of Thommo throwing himself in front of shots, Prosser stopping one going in the top corner, and being stretchered off, Timlin & Lennys last ditch tackles, have helped Dan get all this adulation

I think maybe the team has had less of a recognition for this achievement as its an individual record rather than a team record. If we had kept 11 consecutive clean sheets at home then maybe the team would also get more recognition.

Fantastic.This thread was explicitly for those who wished to thank Dan for his achievement to so do, perhaps in the hope of making him feel loved and wanted.... Instead, just as happens too often at Roots Hall, there is a chorus of moaning, nit-picking and belittling of his achievement. Get a grip for ****'s sake!

I don't think its nit-picking but the team have not kept 11 consecutive clean sheets, so as per my reply above, the highlight is on Bentley having this as an individual record rather than a team record.

I don't think its nit-picking but the team have not kept 11 consecutive clean sheets, so as per my reply above, the highlight is on Bentley having this as an individual record rather than a team record.

Agreed....Ted Smith should be ashamed of himself.

Does anybody know what the actual English record is for consecutive home clean sheets ?? Dan must be fairly close ??
In the 1978-79 season Liverpool only conceded 4 goals at home all season in 21 league matches + 3 F.A.Cup matches + 1 European Cup match. The 4 teams to score were Q.P.R., Leeds United, W.B.A. & Everton,
the goals were scored in August, November, February, March. That season they played 52 matches & conceded 16(L),
1(LC), 3(FAC), 2(EC). They lost at Everton(1-0), Arsenal(1-0), Bristol City(1-0) & Aston Villa(3-1) in the league, Sheffield United(1-0 LC), Manchester United(1-0 FAC S/F)at Goodison Park after a 2-2 draw at Maine Road & Nottingham Forest(2-0 E.C). They had 33 clean sheets but only 7 consecutive home games in that season. Liverpool played the 1st.XI when they lost 1-0 at Sheffield United in the league cup, ironically Sheffield were relegated to the 3rd.Div. at the end of the season.

Back