• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Danny Webb

just see him on Soccer AM commentating, and participating in Salisburys crossbar challenge.

He was listed as a "DEFENDER" :stunned:

There is an article about him in the Daily Mail and it being 42 years ago when David Webb scored the header for Chelsea against Leeds to win the FA Cup.

Victorious as Orient's U16 gaffer in the national tier three academy final on Saturday. 4-1 smashing of Bury.

Yeah, I knew you'd be excited.

Victorious as Orient's U16 gaffer in the national tier three academy final on Saturday. 4-1 smashing of Bury.

Yeah, I knew you'd be excited.

My mates son was sub keeper for that game .... Youve got a very good set up at the O's Youngsters these days , and its all down the the Shrimpers trio Webby , Mark Bentley & Andy Edwards !!! :winking:

My mates son was sub keeper for that game .... Youve got a very good set up at the O's Youngsters these days , and its all down the the Shrimpers trio Webby , Mark Bentley & Andy Edwards !!! :winking:

Yep, great set-up. Bring 'em through to age 16, have all the best ones poached by Arsenal, sign over the hill has-beens to block everyone else's path to the first team, let all the other kids go into non-League without playing a game, watch them return to the League and start scoring for Peterborough.

Seriously though, Andy Edwards is doing an incredible job and is very highly regarded in footy circles. No doubt he'll be resigning in protest like the rest of the English backroom staff in no time.

Danny Webb was an absolutely awful player with SUFC.Not a patch on his father.

Danny Webb was an absolutely awful player with SUFC.Not a patch on his father.

That's very unfair. Firstly, he would have had to be a hell of a player to be a "patch on his father", I can only think of one or ex-blues of recent times who would even get close. Secondly, he scored goals, his problem was he didn't do the other "team" stuff too well. To say he was absolutely awful is ridiculous.

That's very unfair. Firstly, he would have had to be a hell of a player to be a "patch on his father", I can only think of one or ex-blues of recent times who would even get close. Secondly, he scored goals, his problem was he didn't do the other "team" stuff too well. To say he was absolutely awful is ridiculous.

Did he? I don't remember him ever scoring more than maybe 4 or 5 for us. He was average at best and is an example of where we were at the time (a mediocre mid-table League 2 team). I didn't rate him. Seems like he's a decent non-league defender though so fair play to him and wish him well with his coaching.

Did he? I don't remember him ever scoring more than maybe 4 or 5 for us. He was average at best and is an example of where we were at the time (a mediocre mid-table League 2 team). I didn't rate him. Seems like he's a decent non-league defender though so fair play to him and wish him well with his coaching.

He scored a brilliant overhead kick on Boxing Day when we were trailing 2-0 at half time against Rushden and we beat them 4-2.

He was a decent lad + strong at holding the ball up + nudging headers on , but i always thought he would be better at the back as he didnt look a natural goalscorer to me . Lack of pace didnt help either , but always showed 100% commitment.

I still say,he was awful.couldn't get in the top thousand players who played for SUFC.

Probably the most arrogant player to walk through the door at Roots Hall.

Bit harsh, I'm sure there have been far more arrogant players. Maybe I'm just being naive because I was young and don't remember what his persona was like around the club, seemed alright when I saw him.

Back