• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darryl Flahavan

Darryl Flahavan - Good or bad decision

• Darryl is God!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darryl is Crap!

• There are far better keepers available.

• Never liked him because he is too short.

• Who cares as long as we have a decent keeper.

• I love Simon Brown.

• Total voters

Fat Bastid

Coach
Now it is looking likely that DF is on his way again so what do you think?

Personally, I will not lose any sleep at all over his departure and perhaps now the groundsman can remove the velcro from the goal line!  
biggrin.gif

Anyone else will have different shortcomings. Emberson would have saved some that Darryl would have let in and vice versa.

I just think it's important that the crowd give whoever it is a chance and don't absolutely crucify them, which doesn't help at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 22 2004,08:57)]Anyone else will have different shortcomings.  
Wasn't it his shortcummings that got him in trouble with the police....so lets hope the next keeper had different shortcomings....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ June 22 2004,09:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 22 2004,08:57)]Anyone else will have different shortcomings.  
Wasn't it his shortcummings that got him in trouble with the police....so lets hope the next keeper had different shortcomings....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think we should bring Emberson in on a 3 month contract for him to prove what a quality 'keeper he is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 22 2004,11:56)]I think we should bring Emberson in on a 3 month contract for him to prove what a quality 'keeper he is.
I think the men in white coats are just knocking at your door.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ June 22 2004,13:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 22 2004,11:56)]I think we should bring Emberson in on a 3 month contract for him to prove what a quality 'keeper he is.
I think the men in white coats are just knocking at your door.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Yeah me too, but i can drink a hell of a lot of Giunness!
tounge.gif

I like him a lot, always had a good rappor with the fans, but I'm sure there are better keepers available. Still think we should keep him though, then sign someone else.

Seems a touch disgraceful as to what the club has done to Flavs having read the Echo. To not contact him and tell him that he is surplus to requirements seems harsh on the guy.

At least let him know that he can start to look elsewhere, rather than leave him without a real answer.

I think Tilson seen enough in the last 5 months that most of our goals we leak in from free kick & corner. League Two is a rough league (e.g. Lincoln) and you need a 6ft goal keeper that can catch the ball from set-piece. I think Flahaven have showen he good enough for 2nd Div football as most team pass the ball around the floor than hoof it at their big forward like half of the 3rd div team.

My reckon that Tilson is looking for a 6ft tall goalkeeper who play both League One & Two before. My money is on Fettis from Hull (maybe Peter Taylor can give him answer what Southend Utd like & push him to join us).

Tilson have showen in past that he bring "right" players to improve the team not for sake of it, there is no reason why he can find a good goalkeeper we need for promotion push.

All depends on how the new keeper starts, who is being brought in to be the No1.

When I was told that we'd practically agreed a deal with a keeper last week, it was going to be (as I said on here at the time) a 6ft 4in keeper, which rules out McKinney. I was also told that Flavs would be offered a new deal, which didn't quite add up with the signing of a new No1 and perhaps McKinney joining. Only when things are confirmed, can we be thinking about whether Flahavan leaving is a good thing or a bad thing.

Found this on the SKY Sports website.

-

Shrimpers set to land keeper
Tuesday, 22 June 2004

by Paul Higham
Southend manager Steve Tilson says that he is hopeful of signing goalkeeper Richard McKinney.
The 25-year-old shot-stopper has impressed the Shrimpers boss after completing a trial spell at the end of last season.

McKinney played seven times for Southend towards the back end of the campaign, and is now set to be offered a permanent deal.

The former Colchester man was released by the Layer Road side at the end of the season but is now due to bounce back with Southend.

Shrimpers assistant boss Paul Brush says that they hope to seal the deal for McKinney as soon as he returns from holiday.

"Richard is away at the moment in Mexico, but we will be meeting him soon and hopefully everything can be sorted out," said Brush.

-

We've got a keeper at last
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 22 2004,20:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ June 22 2004,20:49)]McKinney played seven times for Southend towards the back end of the campaign
rock.gif
Yes, I saw that too... is he DF in disguise?
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Ahahahahahaha

ha

no

Back