• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Day Of Disaster In Leigh.

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
We'd been gearing up for this day for over two months, we had our set well rehearsed and sounding great. We were feeling pretty confident ahead of our first live show. That was until we got to the venue when from the off bands hadn't turned up and the organisers were getting stressed out.

We went upstairs for our sound check and that's when the real problems started. The sound man couldn't get the PA working for ages, nerves getting worse. We did not know that the Grand has decibel limiter meaning the power cuts out if the limiter is maxed out and during our sound check, boom it trips out. We weren't even that loud! The drums has NO mics on them and that alone cut the power, ****ing great nice one. The sound man continually told us it would be okay and he'd sort it out and we should go ahead with the show. It cut out twice during the first song, our drummers kick pedals broke during that song meaning he was playing on virtually half the kit he's used to.

We managed to actually complete two songs but we were so quiet it was difficult to enjoy and our drummer could not here a thing. We soldiered on to our 4th song, a cover of Seasons In The Abyss by Slayer. The crowd really were getting in to that song when..........oops the power cuts out. We put down our guitars, turned off our amps and just walked off stage. To be fair to the people that were there they really felt for us and they appreciated the fact that we kept going through almost impossible circumstances.

We understand the band after us had similar problems and I also heard a rumour that they sorted out the decibel limiter situation but we were too ****ed off to care by this stage, our first gig was a massive anti-climax. Our people got their money back which I thought was a nice touch by the organisers but to anyone who plays in a band:

DO NOT PLAY THE GRAND! :mad:

Oops. Sorry to hear your big debut went the way of the pear, Al...
'Grand' would appear to be a bit of a misleading term for that venue... :p

Oh sorry to hear that Al...awful shame on your first live venue.. When coming through Leigh after the game I did notice young girls with hankies crying in the streets ..I assumed Rock God had not been signing autographs for them..;)

Oh sorry to hear that Al...awful shame on your first live venue.. When coming through Leigh after the game I did notice young girls with hankies crying in the streets ..I assumed Rock God had not been signing autographs for them..;)

Aye I don't do autographs! :hilarious:

I was gutted yesterday, we have played live on quite a few occasions before but this is a whole new band and to be honest we will never play a worst gig than what we had to deal with yesterday! :mad:

OK so what's the worst thing that's happened to you at a gig?
Our bass player's amp' exploded mid-song!

I never played The Grand and I wouldn't play anywhere that won't put Champagne on the complimentary rider. You should have the same attitude SUFC-Al.

Bottom line:

No Moet - no showy. No Chandon - no band on. :mad:

Grand is the worst pub – ever. That slimy, skinny, skag head look of an owner needs shooting. Last time I was in there he dropped my change in the pint that he’d just poured. Did he pour me a fresh one? Course he didn’t, he just poured it into a new glass and assured me that the coins were brand new as he’s just gone to the bank!

Bye bye Grand.

Grand is the worst pub – ever. That slimy, skinny, skag head look of an owner needs shooting. Last time I was in there he dropped my change in the pint that he’d just poured. Did he pour me a fresh one? Course he didn’t, he just poured it into a new glass and assured me that the coins were brand new as he’s just gone to the bank!

Bye bye Grand.

Is he the 'chef' in there? He has a tendancy to keep calling us girlies 'love', 'darlin' and any other name like that.

When I was getting myself, SUFC_AL and BrettieAngell a drink in there on Saturday, one of the barmaids thought it was funny to pour straight into my glass the tonic water so ultimately spilling half of it on the floor. I wasn't impressed!!

The Grand has been going steadily downhill ever since the Mariners opened.

All the faces drink in the Ship now.

The Grand has been going steadily downhill ever since the Mariners opened.

All the faces drink in the Ship now.

All the Faces? Or is that just on lazy Sunday afternoons?

images

Our week just gets worse, the studio we practice in has caught fire this morning. Firefighters have already spent over 3 hours tackling the blaze.

If it's spread throughout the whole unit, that'll mean my borther's drum kit will be reduced to ash.

Oh ****.:mad:

Our week just gets worse, the studio we practice in has caught fire this morning. Firefighters have already spent over 3 hours tackling the blaze.

If it's spread throughout the whole unit, that'll mean my borther's drum kit will be reduced to ash.

Oh ****.:mad:

Not going well for you this week, eh Al!
Perhaps you're jinxed.... ;)

Back