• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is probably a whole University thesis on why certain murders and psychopaths seem to seep into the culture of a country. What Brady & Hindley did was utterly unspeakable and horrific but the British public seem fascinated by them - there has been TV dramas and probably a wealth of C5 documentaries about them and probably still will be, especially now as they're finally both dead.

The names of the murdered are always less well known than those who did the killing. It's a shame they didn't vanish into obscurity after their imprisonment and died, unknown and forgotten after a miserable life behind bars.

There is, it was performed by various universities after the Bolger case and compares with a similar murder, where a toddler was killed in Norway drawing on a comparison to public reaction in both Countries.

In Norwegian society the reaction was 'where did we go wrong', compared with the UK's reaction which was 'where did they go wrong'.

In Norwegian society the reaction was 'where did we go wrong', compared with the UK's reaction which was 'where did they go wrong'.
I remember seeing a Charles Manson doc which said that every society gets the serial killer it deserves. It's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

I remember seeing a Charles Manson doc which said that every society gets the serial killer it deserves. It's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

I remember doing something similar, when I was studying.

It's a play on Voltaires 'Every man is guilty, of the good he did not do'.

Not sure whether it's still used but certainly thought provoking.

Really I look at it as gullible pricks who buy the books and make someone a lot of money, who knows jack **** about the subject and profits on someone else misery and heartache

UTS

Really I look at it as gullible pricks who buy the books and make someone a lot of money, who knows jack **** about the subject and profits on someone else misery and heartache

UTS

But if we could understand why babies born innocent, turn into these psychopaths, maybe we could stop them before they take any lives. Nature or nurture, or a bit of both?

I see the coroner in the Brady death wants assurances that his ashes won't be spread on Saddleworth Moor. I know, how about down the toilet? Just not mine thanks.

I see the coroner in the Brady death wants assurances that his ashes won't be spread on Saddleworth Moor. I know, how about down the toilet? Just not mine thanks.

I was hopeing for just a unmarked grave inside prison walls but flushing down the bog is good.

Should really have had it's own thread I guess, lots of discussion to be had on the piece of scum.

I'm kind of glad Winnie Johnson went before him, at least she died without knowing that Brady had gone to his death without revealing her child's whereabouts.

Should really have had it's own thread I guess, lots of discussion to be had on the piece of scum.

I'm kind of glad Winnie Johnson went before him, at least she died without knowing that Brady had gone to his death without revealing her child's whereabouts.

On that sombre note, I'll leave updating the scores until the weekend to let discussion continue. I don't normally do an RIP but in this case I'll make an exception. Let us remember;

Pauline Read
John Kilbride
Keith Bennett
Lesley Ann Downey
Edward Evans.

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave, found dead at just 52. :sad: One of my musical heroes of early Grunge times of the early 90s.

Bad times....time to play Superunknown.

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, found dead at just 52. :sad: One of my musical heroes of early Grunge times of the early 90s.

Bad times....time to play Superunknown.
Just saw that - ****ing terrible news. One of my heroes too - I far preferred Soundgarden to any other Seattle band. Way too young; RIP Chris.

Just saw that - ****ing terrible news. One of my heroes too - I far preferred Soundgarden to any other Seattle band. Way too young; RIP Chris.

Of course can't assume at this early stage, but he was known to suffer from depression. RIP indeed.

Of course can't assume at this early stage, but he was known to suffer from depression. RIP indeed.
True, but with the band currently on tour and CC apparently in an upbeat mood, I'd be surprised if it was suicide. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Missed this but Roger Ailes died yesterday too. Apparently he was an utter ****, a serial abuser of women. Not to mention that he started Fox News. So **** him.

Nicky Hayden RIP!!

35 years old, motorcycle racer who won the MotoGP world championship in 06. Was in a cycling event and got hit by a hard. Has been in hospital in critical condition for the past few days and finally lost his fight. :sad:

Back