• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm quite happy to compare my A level in History and BA (Hons) Politics with any of your academic qualifications in these subject areas.

Btw,there is a difference between "ignorance" and difference of interepretation,which you really should take on board.

As far as Winnie Mandela is concerned, I prefer to remember her active part in the struggle against apartheid rather than focus on her later misdemeanours.

Your comment on Ray Willkins is,of course, quite grotesque.

Really...I never knew you were far more educated an intelligent than anyone else on hear......Perhaps we could have a dedicated thread on you academic achievements.

Rather than a misdemeanour, I would have thought torturing and murdering children could be described as grotesque.

As someone who has lived and worked in SA, she thought she was Eva Peron
Most people including Black and whites and let not forget the many Indians who settled there saw her as corrupt and like many leaders had a good network that ruled by threats and violence, yet the poorest people saw her as a hero, maybe even a South African Robin Hood, who though lived in mansion and drove a Mercedes.
Nelson Mandela summed it up, when he died he left her nothing in the will and yet she decided to contest it and lost again

Hero to sum, Villain to others, a bit like McGuiness and Adams, there is always someone willing to post the good they did and forget about the killings and evil they caused

UTS

Hang on a sec, if he died how was he able to sum it up?

I'm quite happy to compare my A level in History and BA (Hons) Politics with any of your academic qualifications in these subject areas.

Btw,there is a difference between "ignorance" and difference of interepretation,which you really should take on board.

As far as Winnie Mandela is concerned, I prefer to remember her active part in the struggle against apartheid rather than focus on her later misdemeanours.

Your comment on Ray Willkins is,of course, quite grotesque.

Didn't you go to Birmingham Poly?

Really...I never knew you were far more educated an intelligent than anyone else on hear......Perhaps we could have a dedicated thread on you academic achievements.

Rather than a misdemeanour, I would have thought torturing and murdering children could be described as grotesque.

*here......

Manchester Poly renamed The Winnie Mandela building to The Bruce Forsyth building in the early 90's

Don't think you've ever heard me suggest or imply that I was more intelligent than anyone else on here.

Didn't you go to Birmingham Poly?

Yes.But it's been the University of Central England (UCE) since 1992.Do keep up.:smiles:

Don't think you've ever heard me suggest or imply that I was more intelligent than anyone else on here.

Yes.But it's been the University of Central England (UCE) since 1992.Do keep up.:smiles:

Would you like us to set you up your own little bit of the forum, accessible only to you two where you can squabble about all sorts of sh*t to your little hearts content thus leaving the rest of the forum for us grown ups to post in. We could call it the "Naughty Step" or "Play School".

How on earth you can turn a thread about the very recently deceased into a kindergarten scrap is frankly beyond me.

There's some irony in that first paragraph somewhere.

Would you like us to set you up your own little bit of the forum, accessible only to you two where you can squabble about all sorts of sh*t to your little hearts content thus leaving the rest of the forum for us grown ups to post in. We could call it the "Naughty Step" or "Play School".

How on earth you can turn a thread about the very recently deceased into a kindergarten scrap is frankly beyond me.

Yes we shouldn't interrupt anyone wishing Katie Hopkins had died on a thread titled Deadpool

Yes I agree with maninasuitcase....If that evil Churchill had never existed then we would never have heard of Winnie Mandela....Or any other black activist for that matter.

There would be no such thing as Brexit because Europe would be fully united without a hint of migrant trouble or muslim extremism.

Best of all our glorious leader JC could never be accused of anti Semitism......the term wouldn't exist.

Our Darkest Hour would be a film about how we nearly didn't surrender to Nazis but came to our senses in the end.

That is the thing Rigsby, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Personally, I think it is right that Churchill was able to step in to save our nation, but at the same time I can't agree that the likes of Winnie Mandeka wasn't fighting for the greater good,

Churchill's actions led to approximately two million people dying in Bengal,

That is the thing Rigsby, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Personally, I think it is right that Churchill was able to step in to save our nation, but at the same time I can't agree that the likes of Winnie Mandeka wasn't fighting for the greater good,

Churchill's actions led to approximately two million people dying in Bengal,

A friend of mine argued with me about Nelson Mandela. He claimed he was a terrorist so I bought him a book for Christmas a few years back. The Long Walk to Freedom. Which would be in my top 10. He has now changed his mind.

However please don't spoil the honour of a man like Nelson Mandela by trying to claim Winnie was in the same bracket. She was not, she was full of hate.

The same hate that now sees white farmers murdered and their families raped and tortured for hours. Including boiling water and then placing babies in the pot.....Fact.

Ray Wilkins........ scorer of one of the better goals in a Cup Final (1983 v Brighton) and winner of the most ridiculous sending off by an England player (v Morocco 1986) has died after a heart attack. Sad day.
I was on the terrace behind the goal when he scored in the '83 cup final. RIP Butch - excellent footballer, proper gent.

Back