• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Loza was fantastic the other night and proved beyond doubt this team operate better with 2 up front with at least 1 forward having pace.Oxford were pressed in their own third by the enthusiasm of Loza,I cannot understand why Phil never had Williams on the bench then at 3 0 sent him on to gain further experience because if/when Loza is recalled by Norwich or god forbid is injured we are then back to square 1.

Williams needs pitch time at this level and I thought the other night would have been ideal for him too shine for the last 15.

Maybe he wanted to keep Williams out of the public eye? It would have been a big pressure on the young lad in front of the TV audience.... maybe he'll get his chance against the Gulls on Saturday when we're 5-0 up.....

I'm sure we would have beaten Bristol Rovers if Loza had played the 90 minutes.... I was at the game and their defence was hopelessly slow but, sadly, so was our attack....

In normal circumstances I would agree with you mrs.blue. Its always good to blood a youngster once a game is dead and buried but on this occasion I think PB called it right. Loza was still full of running at the end and I think the performance and the result were a major fillip to the side, to their confidence and aspirations. I think he was right to keep the pressure on to the end and allow the lads out on the pitch their own glory moment at the final whistle.

He sees him every day in training and doesnt even think he is good enough for the bench. If the thinks he is ready and would benefit from some pitch time Im sure he would pick him.

Might be better off going on loan first.

With his pace up top I reckon we could easily be top 3 ATM with promotion in the bag virtually.

Woah now mrs.blue! The boy did well but he is still green and needs to improve his first touch. One game gives us no idea of how consistent he can be. I am sure he would have been an asset but lets not get carried away just yet :smile:

Woah now mrs.blue! The boy did well but he is still green and needs to improve his first touch. One game gives us no idea of how consistent he can be. I am sure he would have been an asset but lets not get carried away just yet :smile:

Indeed, bear in mind he fluffed a sitter the game before and on two occassions on Monday wasted two chances by not passing when he was too narrow to shoot. When you are two nil up I dont blame him for trying, but lets see how he performs when the game is tighter. Im hoping he will run riot again against Torquay though.

You misunderstand,
I think we have a decent midfield at this level and they Imo are the key to success,Loza gave all the midfielders an out ball which in turn gave every midfielder an extra 10% of energy and power play .

You misunderstand,
I think we have a decent midfield at this level and they Imo are the key to success,Loza gave all the midfielders an out ball which in turn gave every midfielder an extra 10% of energy and power play .

Im sure their own efforts had something to do with it as well. They used to play like that 2 months ago when they didnt have that "out ball".

Im sure their own efforts had something to do with it as well. They used to play like that 2 months ago when they didnt have that "out ball".

It's draining on any player especially in the centre of the pitch if you win a 50/50 then have zero outlet to get it forward,These guys suffered this for 12 league games and it takes it out of them,Then the injection of pace and every midfielder grew in stature and then bossed Oxford with either sublime play or bullied them out of the game.

They performed like that earlier in the season too, without that pace.

Loza's performance was a boost, but lets not build him up to Superman managing to raise the performance of 10 other players on his own.

If he plays like that again Saturday he will be a massive positive influence on the side, but lets not give him all the credit.

Loza was fantastic the other night and proved beyond doubt this team operate better with 2 up front with at least 1 forward having pace.Oxford were pressed in their own third by the enthusiasm of Loza,I cannot understand why Phil never had Williams on the bench then at 3 0 sent him on to gain further experience because if/when Loza is recalled by Norwich or god forbid is injured we are then back to square 1.

Williams needs pitch time at this level and I thought the other night would have been ideal for him too shine for the last 15.

The third goal was scored in the 86th minute.

Do agree with the principle of giving the younger players time at the end of the game when we're winning though, helps with confidence if nothing else, coming on a gainst a side that are deflated and waiting for the whistle to blow.

But only if the player is good enough though.

The third goal was scored in the 86th minute.

Do agree with the principle of giving the younger players time at the end of the game when we're winning though, helps with confidence if nothing else, coming on a gainst a side that are deflated and waiting for the whistle to blow.

But only if the player is good enough though.

Sorry I meant 2 0,

Agree with you though.

Of course Loza's pace is useful, BUT it was his ENERGY and DESIRE to defend from the front.
It not only improved Barnard's workrate, but moreover it allowed the rest of the team to re-set when attacks broke down. Midfielders and Defenders were in position and facing the right way when Oxford countered, instead of running back towards goal desperately trying win back the ball. That for me was the difference.

Mrsblue, are you Williams' mum? Every thread you are involved in seems to end up as a discussion about him. If there was a thread about Russia annexing Crimea (there may well be, I haven't looked), you'd pipe up in there saying Williams' should be leading the attack in the last 15 mins.

We get that you rate him, just don't keep banging on about it in every thread.

No, he didn't.

It was 2-0 until late on, and if Oxford had scored the next goal, the whole complexity of the game would have changed.

it was a must win game, and PB got it spot on.

No, he didn't.

It was 2-0 until late on, and if Oxford had scored the next goal, the whole complexity of the game would have changed.

it was a must win game, and PB got it spot on.

I agree. Also you could argue, that as this was Loza's full debut, there was a strong case for giving him 90 minutes in order to give HIM more experience. He's very raw and that would have done him the world of good.

Back