• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do Men with Umbrellas work?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Good Morning All,

Yesterday lunch time myself and my work mate decided to take a trip from our base in London Bridge over to Liverpool Street. I needed a white shirt for a funeral I am going to and my mate Ben had £20 worth of HMV vouchers to spunk off.

As we got outside it was spitting a little bit. Its a 20 mins walk all in probably but hey were men - no worries. We did get a bit wet but nothing that hadnt dried off within 5 mins of gettig back to the office.

What amazed me was the amount of noncey men using umbrellas to do probably no more than a 5 mins walk. I personally dont think there is too much wrong with using one if its ****ing it down but a bit of little drizzle does not warrant a bloody umbrella. I am not even really sure they are acceptable for men.

What do you reckon?

:guns:

Last edited:
People should be made to go to driving lessons for using umbrellas.
The number of times I've almost got run over diving into the street to avoid selfish umbrellla users is scary.

I voted not acceptable, get a decent raincoat!

Again, as with yesterday's discussion.

No....no.....and thrice NO

Whenever I see a man with a brolly, no matter what kind of rain might be coming down I have to wonder about what sort of childhood he had. Probably the youngest of five and all the others being girls with a domineering mother.

If it's hammering down then stop in a shop doorway or under cover somehow. Stand there and marvel at all the numpty's going about their business getting drenched.

If it's just spitting down then, as Dave said, take it like a man. It's not going to bloody kill you. Unless you happen to catch Pneumonia that is, then it possibly could.:rolleyes:

I voted unacceptable, but then again I love the rain, on the rare occasions we actually see it here!

yeah walking from fenchurch st to tower hill when it is spitting is like running the indiana jones gauntlet with all those blades... I have got hit with an umbrella there many a time and it really ****es me off as it is a 60m walk.. and not even raining that hard!

i dont have a problem with umbrellas par-cé when its raining proper like... but what i do have a problem with is any person under 5ft 6 that owns an umbrella, and seemingly tries to impale my eye at every rainy oppurtunity!

I think the biggest problem is that too many men with umbrellas do work and resultantly seem intent on spiking my face

An umbrella is not acceptable if you men, even if it is actually raining cats and dogs as well as rain.

I think you can justify a brolly when it's hosing down, but someone has to be truly wet in their soul to use a brolly when it's spitting...

Matt

What gets on my tits are those who continue to use their umbrella even when its stopped raining!! I'm always tempted to have a go at these people in the street "Put your ****ing brolly down - Its not bloody raining". Maybe I just need some anger management courses.

Mind you what makes me laugh even more is when someone has obviously left their brolly at home and decide that a copy of the mornings metro will make a good substitute!! ****in idiots - just accept you might get a bit wet!!

I think most men in the city (with exceptions of course) are a loada big girls blouses - the unnecessary umbrella is one thing with, but what really gets me is the ones that drag along their suticases the size of a postage stamp with a silly little stick and wheels - pick them up and carry them you big jessies!!

Back