• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does RM really put £100k a month into SUFC ?

• I believe RM does put £100k a month of his own money into keeping SUFC afloat every month

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I believe RM does put £100k into keeping SUFC afloat every month via his other companies

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • I believe £100k a month does come into the club via RM's web of companies but on paper only

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • I don't believe he puts £100k a month in end of

Votes: 56 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As Cricko points out there is the covenant. Exactly what is acceptable as rehoming the club is open for debate.

Let me ask you this, with a buyer / backer as huge as Sainsbury's why do you think no progress has been made. My contacts at Sainsbury say it was always meant to be a joint venture with Sainsbury's having a very active part in building the new stadium, now whether that means financially or otherwise they will not expand on but it seems very strange that things have stalled again after they advanced £5M, my money is on not wanting to continue doing business with RM but wtf do I know.

You need a new source at Sainsbury's!

They scaled backed their expansion plans nationally a couple of years ago.

Also how water tight is the covenant ? ie. If RM was to say ok if we don't ground share and you let me build on Roots Hall the club will cease to exist, your choice, amend / scrap the covenant or the club goes under, if it came to that is it possible ? Please don't say he could have done that already, just because he hasn't doesn't mean it isn't an option.

The issue probably isn't about how watertight the covenant is but who would enforce it.

I think he was rather shocked that a rookie manager took us to the Championship so quickly and we hardly pushed the boat out with signings hence we didn't last long.

We may not have pushed the boat out by Championship standards, but we certainly did by the standards of a club of our size - Peter Clarke, Alex Revell, Billy Paynter, Richie Foran were all signed for sizable (by our standards) transfer fees and the likes of Hammell, Francis, Ricketts, Barrett, McCormack were given fat contracts (by our standards).

When we were then relegated we still had these liabilities (their contracts, rather than necessarily their playing abilities) on our books and we chased a quick return instead of scaling back to a sustainable level.

I think he was rather shocked that a rookie manager took us to the Championship so quickly and we hardly pushed the boat out with signings hence we didn't last long.

The signings we made that year and the one after very nearly bankrupted us. We're still trying to undo the mess that they got us into.

Can someone show me exactly where it was announced that Sainsburys would build a three-sided stadium.

Info needed urgently.

Not specfic, but read between the lines

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11041575.Developer_of_Southend_United_new_stadium_to_be_chosen/

Mr Martin said funding was in place for the first phase of the project, which includes building three sides of the stadium, retail park access, the supermarket and replacement homes for council flats at St Mary’s Court.

He said the development should wipe the club’s debt and long-term financial problems, but bank borrowing may be needed for phase two, including the fourth stand.

So doesnt specifically say it but its obviously the Sainsbury money from Roots Hall.

I read in tonights Echo that new leases have been granted to South Essex homes that enable them to let some flats in St Marys Court. All a bit odd....Hmmm

I read in tonights Echo that new leases have been granted to South Essex homes that enable them to let some flats in St Marys Court. All a bit odd....Hmmm

Arent some of them boarded up?

Sale appliances will be opening a shop down there soon.

Does McNasty still have liason meetings with the club, we really need someone to ask for an update.

Couldn't make it up. These flats were meant to be purchased and knocked down to make way for the Sainsbury store. Doesn't sound very positive news does it...

threads like this one are bad , they only start innuendo and bring peoples bad side to the fore.And can be quite upsetting, for get about FF and the new stadium , lets just concentrate on the forth coming season and hopefully promotion

threads like this one are bad , they only start innuendo and bring peoples bad side to the fore.And can be quite upsetting, for get about FF and the new stadium , lets just concentrate on the forth coming season and hopefully promotion

Its only a fans forum. This is where these things will be discussed.

Arent some of them boarded up?

Sale appliances will be opening a shop down there soon.

Does McNasty still have liason meetings with the club, we really need someone to ask for an update.

Any meetings with the club do not include the chairman who is the person responsible for all stadium news.

Couldn't make it up. These flats were meant to be purchased and knocked down to make way for the Sainsbury store. Doesn't sound very positive news does it...
Make up what you want,36 flats 4 private rest are council. new Flats to replace same to be built on Orchards old site be for old ones are knocked down. Four private already bought by Sainsbury. Planning already passed for new flats move the people 200yards up the hill. makes sense renting flats out till new ones .So they never had to purchase 36 flats.

Any meetings with the club do not include the chairman who is the person responsible for all stadium news.

Indeed, but its as close as you can get so worth asking anyway to at least get it flagged.

Sorry you cant just bury your head in the sand.

Whilst discussing whose money it is Ron puts in doesn't reallly achieve anything this discussion has morphed into one discussing the current situation with the stadium.

The stadium is the heart of the club and our future and at the moment it is very much up in the air.

We may not have any tangible power to do anything but just forgetting about it isn't really an option at the moment.

Indeed, but its as close as you can get so worth asking anyway to at least get it flagged.

Sorry you cant just bury your head in the sand.

Whilst discussing whose money it is Ron puts in doesn't reallly achieve anything this discussion has morphed into one discussing the current situation with the stadium.

The stadium is the heart of the club and our future and at the moment it is very much up in the air.

We may not have any tangible power to do anything but just forgetting about it isn't really an option at the moment.
It was always going to morph into a stadium debate but that's natural as RM portrays himself as the millionaire saviour keeping the club going but in reality he's just a huge bull ******* as demonstrated by the lack of progress on the stadium, in other words it's a case of can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth ?

Another reason I posted this poll was to try and get an idea of who cares what he does, so far 1981 views with only 91 votes, is that apathy, indecision or ???????? Interesting statistic though

Back