• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Asked some of the players at the Daggers game - they have been told nothing about it officially, and only seen the reports Ron put out in the paper... Hmmm..

Asked some of the players at the Daggers game - they have been told nothing about it officially, and only seen the reports Ron put out in the paper... Hmmm..

Not surprised, and why would he? It's nothing to do them at this stage. Ron Martin very, very rarely speaks to the players.

I reported on the 23rd December that i was at the training ground dropping my son off who plays for the shadow squad, they were playing in a tournament in Kent that day. Whilst there a JCB lifting thing came in on a transporter and then left again within 20 mins. When i asked the groundsman what that was all about he told me that the JCB was here to help lift off the frame of the dome which was originally booked for delivery on the 23rd, however, RM didnt want it being delivered before Christmas and therefore it had been moved to late January, but no one had told the plant hire company.

He also told me that it would be located over the back of the training ground.

I reported on the 23rd December that i was at the training ground dropping my son off who plays for the shadow squad, they were playing in a tournament in Kent that day. Whilst there a JCB lifting thing came in on a transporter and then left again within 20 mins. When i asked the groundsman what that was all about he told me that the JCB was here to help lift off the frame of the dome which was originally booked for delivery on the 23rd, however, RM didnt want it being delivered before Christmas and therefore it had been moved to late January, but no one had told the plant hire company.

He also told me that it would be located over the back of the training ground.

Exactly, the land over the back of the training ground is Rochford council..

Exactly, the land over the back of the training ground is Rochford council..

How does that work when the Fossetts Farm project is being done with the Southend council? Are you saying that we have been going to the wrong council all this time?

How does that work when the Fossetts Farm project is being done with the Southend council? Are you saying that we have been going to the wrong council all this time?

It's half and half, needed approval from both councils. I remember waiting outside the Rochford council offices in Rayleigh when they approved the initial plans after Southend council had approved their side. All those years ago

It's half and half, needed approval from both councils. I remember waiting outside the Rochford council offices in Rayleigh when they approved the initial plans after Southend council had approved their side. All those years ago

Wow! You've got a long memory.

Yep, and I remember freezing my wotsits off marching down Victoria Aveneue with placard to gather outside Southend Council to freeze even more. Eventually we were allowed in but not to meeting room. I think we are talking January 2007 IIRC.:'(

The boundary between Rochford & Southend runs along Fossets Way. The original plans did have the training ground on a small piece of land in Rochford district. This area is not big enough for the Dome's.

So as others have pointed out it sounds like Ron wants the Dome's to be placed on the current training ground or just over the back of the training ground, which of course is all within the Southend boundary. But all this area was to be taken up by the Stadium, Retail and housing that was planned. So if the Dome's go on or near the training ground then it's pretty clear that the new ground will not be started for a very long time (if at all!)

The boundary between Rochford & Southend runs along Fossets Way. The original plans did have the training ground on a small piece of land in Rochford district. This area is not big enough for the Dome's.

So as others have pointed out it sounds like Ron wants the Dome's to be placed on the current training ground or just over the back of the training ground, which of course is all within the Southend boundary. But all this area was to be taken up by the Stadium, Retail and housing that was planned. So if the Dome's go on or near the training ground then it's pretty clear that the new ground will not be started for a very long time (if at all!)

I don't think this is correct, on the visuals for the new stadium there are at least 3x full size training pitches on the land over the back - enough room for 2x domes with two pitches I would have thought

Back