• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drinking Alcohol at Work

This afternoon i was sitting in my office preparing a set of accounts,getting particularly bored and thinking how warm it was.

I went over to my small husky fridge, got out a small bottle stella and proceeded to sit back & chill out.

While refreshing my taste buds the new office junior came in and thought it odd that an accountant should even think about having a beer at work.

What are your views on the whole alcohol at work question?

I used to drink whiskey on the nightshift at a Royal Mail sorting office. It didn't really matter much as the bloke next to me was road-testing a new batch of ecstasy tablets. I've never seen anyone so happy to be doing back-breaking manual labour.

Anyway, back to the original point, you might want to be careful. Reputations travel quickly!

We done in this office sometimes if its really dead have a cheeky beer towards the end of the day. It is only one but I dont see it as a major issue if its once in a while.

If you getting smashed everyday and being sick into your waste paper bin then I think its a worry.

We done in this office sometimes if its really dead have a cheeky beer towards the end of the day. It is only one but I dont see it as a major issue if its once in a while.

If you getting smashed everyday and being sick into your waste paper bin then I think its a worry.

its only a 25cl small stella and a box of 24 has lasted since january!

and as for CCC siders mentioning the gross misconduct angle i can see where he is coming from but i'm one of the owners and the other also has a stella in his hand;)

It's very much a rarity on our office, but I had a couple of beers at my desk today.

We launched our new Portuguese site this week so had a celebratory lunch, with a Portuguese buffet and loads of bottles of Super Bock. I can't claim they helped my productivity, but they certainly went down a treat :)

LOL , Bank of Austrlia (now this is not a sterotype) actually did have a 1 beer per day allowed policey at work (now this was about 5 years back so propably changed now)

I don't know the exact rules in regards to alcohol at my place but I would assume with my level of responsibility it would be instant dismissal!

I don't agree with drinking at work personally, I have never done it and never will. On a Monday I finish at 12.30 and always go down the pub for a cheeky half before I go home but thats about as close as you will get.

I usually have about 5 or 6 pints throughout the working day. Luckily my passengers havent noticed yet.

I could do with one sometimes!!

I have a minifridge in my room and all the kids are sure that's where I keep my beer ;)

Oh Dear.. Its obviously now going out of fashion but pintage at lunchtime here used to be a badge of honour,, Some of us still attempt to carry the flame.. I fear for the office staff of the future.

Oh Dear.. Its obviously now going out of fashion but pintage at lunchtime here used to be a badge of honour,, Some of us still attempt to carry the flame.. I fear for the office staff of the future.

I have a pint or two at lunch aswell, either accompanied with an hour of pool or some grub. Makes the afternoon seem not so bad!

Last edited:
Instant dismissal if caught at my place

Same here...

However, I'm not sure what the Working From Home (WFH) Policy states, or if it even covers it.. I suppose I might have to ask as I WFH 3 days a week now... :D

Having said all that, tonight will be my first sober night since Friday last week :minger: :minger: :minger: . I was planning on having a nice glass of water with my tea tonight, but now I fancy a beer !!

Back