• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southendsleeper

Manager
Cracking game, just cracking

Eastwood, MOM easily, at times he was just unplayable. His first goal, goal of the season contender, from near the corner flag, after taking it past the Hartlepool keeper, a shot from an acute angle going in to the amazement of the crowd. Goal two, whislt Jupp and Guttridge are in deep discussion on the half way line and Hartlepool static, the crowd murmering, Eastwood's snap shot shot in like a bolt from the blue. On for a hattrick and left on till the end of the match but it wasnt to be. In the first half his running at the defence terrified them, by the second half at times he was marked by around 3 defenders. And still scored.

Guttridge wasnt his normal self, tenacious, but too busy having a go at Jupp and Bradbury, even though we were winning, his commitment to the team though just not in question.

Goater too had another good game, and hopefully will get people of his back for a bit.

Bradbury, always trying, chasing lost cause,a solid performance.

Daryl. Well Wiggy can rest assured, another reassuring performance, the lob/pass from Hartlepool that beat him smacking off the bar.

Hartlepool played good attacking football, as per Scunthorpe, and made the first half uncomfortable. However their goalkeeper was suspect, goal number 2 especially, and the team kept baiting Maher, hence why I think he was substituted, much later after receiving an unnecessary booking.

Solid defence, and a small mention for Gower, the comedy defending which let the ball go right the way across the Hartlepool area to an in acres of space Gower shouldnt take away from a more confident performance, he's back to running past defenders and taking them on rather than passing backwards.

Oh and I've lost my voice. Mission accomplished
tounge.gif

Eastwood played really well today but I'd proberly give Goater or Maher MOM. Goater never stopped trying today, always tracking back and some great hold up play and passes to the other plays which set up some good chances.

I thought Eastwood was MOM by far, yes Goater and Maher had great games, but Eastwood was a class apart. I thought especially in the second half when Eastwood started to really show what he can do, the whole team started to pay as well

Didn't make my f%&king day. When it was two-nil, I was egging Hartlepool to score so I could win £90. Alternatively if Eastwood had scored the first and we wond 3-0 I'd have won £66.

Still think he's f%&kin excellent, albeit through gritted teeth.
biggrin.gif

I had £5 on Eastwood 3-0, paying £145. So if Eastwood hadn't been so Selfless and scored himself i would be £145 the richer
tounge.gif

Goater did have a great game and wanted him to score, but Eastwood ran the show today - he was class.

Also, IF we do finish the job and go up Freddy won't be interested in going to another championship side IMO, only a prem side, so we'll probably have him for at least another year
smile.gif

Brilliant game, good goals, could have been 5 or 6 more by both teams put together. Barett was imence at the back yet again. Eastwood man of the match, Performence was outstanding and dont see why he cant play in the Premier$hite.

Goater had 2 or 3 gret backheels as well, was his goal really offside?

+all the other teams dropped points.
biggrin.gif

Entertaining game, the first half we were a bit flat-footed but after the break showed why we are top.

Didn't think that Goater was offside - after all Brads passed the ball Back and I thought at least one defender was in line with the Goat...

I saw Freddie on his way out of the ground tonight and when a eight or nine year old kid asked him "Are you gonna leave freddie?" his response was "I'm not going anywhere!". Great news i reckon!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 25 2006,18:57)]Entertaining game, the first half we were a bit flat-footed but after the break showed why we are top.  

Didn't think that Goater was offside - after all Brads passed the ball Back and I thought at least one defender was in line with the Goat...
Goater wasn't off side. Bradbury was when the shot came in. Therefore whent he ball fell to him he was interfering with play.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Mar. 25 2006,17:53)]Didn't make my f%&king day. When it was two-nil, I was egging Hartlepool to score so I could win £90. Alternatively if Eastwood had scored the first and we wond 3-0 I'd have won £66.

Still think he's f%&kin excellent, albeit through gritted teeth.
biggrin.gif
Gambling is for mugs ...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Mar. 25 2006,20:03)]On Score I, he said that they were nattering about a Premier$hite striker in a few years...

With us of course.
Absolutely. Reading were the same size club as us 10 years ago, but with an ambitious chairman who saw the beneifts of decent management, a team full of good players and a new stadium with all the trimmings, they have reached the top flight for the first time in their history.

Now, where have those sentiments been heard before?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 25 2006,21:45)]Reading were the same size club as us 10 years ago, but with an ambitious chairman
After your phrase above, you appear to have omitted the following words:

who is absolutely bloody loaded after selling off Auto-Trader...

suspect.gif

upside.gif

Uncle Ron is doing OK financially, but he's no Madejski...

Matt

Back