• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood Plays

Rusty Lee

Coach
Southend are appealing so Eastwood can play tonight
biggrin.gif

A tactical appeal if ever there was one. Tilly admitted he was right to be sent off after the match! I think he has done this to make sure we have two fit strikers tonight on the reckoning that by the time Freddy does have to serve a suspension Goater will be match fit and ready to go.

Genius
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Aug. 22 2005,14:00)]A tactical appeal if ever there was one. Tilly admitted he was right to be sent off after the match! I think he has done this to make sure we have two fit strikers tonight on the reckoning that by the time Freddy does have to serve a suspension Goater will be match fit and ready to go.

Genius  
biggrin.gif
Unless Sky phoned up and said they were thinking of televising another game if Eastwood doesn't play.........

I would have thought that the appeal will be dealt with this week - which doesn't give Goater that much more time - but if he's nearly there I suppose a week can make al the difference...
rock.gif

Yep, this is silly. How do they think it will be lifted?
MUCH rather have Freddy for Oldham at home than this League cup game against Southampton kids.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 22 2005,14:07)]Yep, this is silly. How do they think it will be lifted?
MUCH rather have Freddy for Oldham at home than this League cup game against Southampton kids.
Indeed - and I think most people (including Tilly) would agree with that! Surely it does relate to the Goat's fitness...

Either that or it will give Wayne a well earned rest. He has put in more yards than any player this year.

Or perhaps Tilly has another striker lined up in time for Scunny, therefore keeping Freddy for tonight because we will be more equipped for the 3 games after?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,14:15)]Or perhaps Tilly has another striker lined up in time for Scunny, therefore keeping Freddy for tonight because we will be more equipped for the 3 games after?
Mr Muse,

Thats genius. It's on!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 22 2005,14:16)]I think that's wishful thinking!!
Indeed. Not being cynical but I doubt Tilly has got anyone lined up yet, whichever way I look at this all I can say is that it's rather short-sighted of the club....

This is crazy. He is going to be suspended anyway, yes the sending off was harsh, and lacking in commen sense, but by the letter of the "LAWS" he had to go.

That is all the FA will be worried about, so suspension still stands. If Bentley couldn't get his overturned from Col******r last year, there is no way that Eastwood will. (I hope I am wrong).

I would much rather him miss a Mickey Mouse cup game than an important league game.

Unless the board are saying, live on TV, get him to play and score a hatrick and in the shop window again. (Conspiricy theory).

Its a good job this is on Sky, otherwise I think the club would be up on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute for a blatant abuse of process. However the Football League wouldn't dare upset their paymasters who will be hoping Freddy plays (and are quite possibly behind the appeal), so we should be safe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 22 2005,15:30)]Its a good job this is on Sky, otherwise I think the club would be up on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute for a blatant abuse of process. However the Football League wouldn't dare upset their paymasters who will be hoping Freddy plays (and are quite possibly behind the appeal), so we should be safe.
Do you think Sky are that bothered about a player they still sometimes spell as 'Fredy' and can only get our manager's name right some of the time?

I think Sky will be more interested in Goater playing.

eastwood is going 2 get a hatch rick tonight

utb!
smile.gif

feed the goat, feed the goat , feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!

yes mate cum on!!!

2-0 victory tonight:)

all eastwooded needed is one goal now he has scored that one goal he will wont be able to stop scoring

up the blues!!!

We don't ask much of our posters on this board, but please <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>speak in English</span>, not bloody "text tlk!"

In answer to your question... not sure. I have the figure of £50K floating around in my head, but that may not be accurate...

rock.gif

Back