• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

uk_coops

Tilly was saying the clubs had discussed with Grays a rough figure regarding the value of Eastwood prior to the loan move (which was a loan with a view to a permanent deal). I know it's only one game but we could be priced out a deal if his form continues which is a concern.

So do we ask him to play badly in his next game?
rock.gif

I've heard rumours that Grays are asking for £100,000. If that's true, they're having a laugh.

Although a couple more games like today and it'll be about right
biggrin.gif

As someone else said on here , it's a no win situation in many ways. If he plays badly for the rest of the loan would we sign him? If he plays well the fee goes up and other clubs come in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,18:34)]I've heard rumours that Grays are asking for £100,000. If that's true, they're having a laugh.

Although a couple more games like today and it'll be about right
biggrin.gif
didnt Grays turn down Northamptons 100K bid?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,18:39)]didnt Grays turn down Northamptons 100K bid?
They might have done - or might have been 'rumoured' to be £100k...

Also the situation at Grays might have changed and they might now need the money.

Also, if that was the case and they wanted more than that we probably wouldn't have brought him in on loan 'with a view to a permanent move' if we knew there was no chance we could afford him would we?

Have faith people I'm sure we'll get him if Tilly wants him
smile.gif

Perhaps the fact that we went ahead with the loan deal means that the 'rough' figure the clubs decided was a realistic figure that SUFC felt they could offer if he does well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,18:51)]Perhaps the fact that we went ahead with the loan deal means that the 'rough' figure the clubs decided was a realistic figure that SUFC felt they could offer if he does well.
Agreed. I doubt we'd have loaned him with a 'view to a permanent deal', if the rough figure was out of our reach. But we really need to press on with buying this guy. He's got everything : speed, a high work rate, strength (he can hold the ball up well for a little guy!), and by God, he scores goals. He's one of those strikers who's always in the right place at the right time; a poacher. Something we lack badly at the moment. But we need to move fast to get him, or we'll lose out. Although I think the fact that he's fairly local, and obviously already knows the team well after being here for a few weeks, will swing him our way. I'd say it's looking pretty good.

Keep the Faith.

Apart from Stan and Richard Cadette I can't think of anybody who has made such an immediate impact. I have no doubt that he will make all the difference.

Apart from Stan and Richard Cadette I can't think of any player who has made such an immmediate impact. we must sign him.

I think Tilly will snap him up pretty quick. I think we have one of the best defence and midfields in the division but really do need that cutting edge upfront and hopefully Fredy can do it for us.....

£100k seems too much now adays. Cant recall many non league players going for that much for ages....A £30k with sell on clause would be fine I think

FWIW, here are my thoughts on any transfer relating to Fredy Eastwood...

1.) Grays have quoted a fee in the region of £30k to £50k if we decide to sign him. If they ask for more, then I fear Southend may struggle to pay Fredy a decent wage and may subsequently lose out on a player who clearly has massive potential.

2.) If Grays demanded the £100k muted or more, Southend would look to pay an initial £50k, with the balance in 12 months or subject to Fredy's appearances and/or goals scored during the season. If Grays accept these terms [they would probably find it difficult not to], we then have to convince Fredy to sign for us, which may be a stumbling block if he is as ambitious as it sounds! We may need to off-load a player or two to meet any demands by Fredy and I feel we must do this!

3.) Grays obviously need funds and their best option is to allow him to sign [hopefully for us] for the £30k to £50k discussed with a sell-on clause of say 30%, which will reap much higher rewards for Grays, should he later move to a bigger club... obviously, any premiership club would have to wait until their transfer window for any move, but there are several financially rich clubs in the championship, who could step in at the end of his loan spell with us, if we don't act and fast!.

As for Fredy himself... wow! it didn't take him long to settle in here, did it! he's scored 5 goals in less than a fortnight and to get a hattrick on his full league debut is nothing short of sensational. I couldn't believe my eyes with the first goal, a diving header inside the 6yd box and a perfect start for us. His second was virtually a carbon copy of the first and to complete his hattrick with a powerful strike from outside the box says everything about the lad's confidence and ability.

I hope and pray that Fredy sees some potential at Southend and decides to sign for us! he's a real gem and it's up to the Club to start negotiations before word gets out that we may have a potential Alan Shearer in our midst. Sort something out PDQ Uncle Ron... you know it makes sense!
wink.gif

Prediction: I can see Fredy playing for England at some stage in his career, if he continues with performances like that... I certainly haven't seen a player make such an instant impact for us since Stan Collymore.

cool.gif

Imagine if we were to sell him to a Premiership club, we could certainly make some real money.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,02:13)]2.) If Grays demanded the £100k muted or more, Southend would look to pay an initial £50k, with the balance in 12 months or subject to Fredy's appearances and/or goals scored during the season. If Grays accept these terms [they would probably find it difficult not to], we then have to convince Fredy to sign for us, which may be a stumbling block if he is as ambitious as it sounds! We may need to off-load a player or two to meet any demands by Fredy and I feel we must do this!
Drewe going to R&D perhaps??

We can but hope

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nestudas @ Oct. 17 2004,10:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,02:13)]2.) If Grays demanded the £100k muted or more, Southend would look to pay an initial £50k, with the balance in 12 months or subject to Fredy's appearances and/or goals scored during the season. If Grays accept these terms [they would probably find it difficult not to], we then have to convince Fredy to sign for us, which may be a stumbling block if he is as ambitious as it sounds! We may need to off-load a player or two to meet any demands by Fredy and I feel we must do this!

We can but hope
Another reason for trying to let Husbands leave the club as well ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 17 2004,14:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nestudas @ Oct. 17 2004,10:37)]
[b said:

We can but hope
Another reason for trying to let Husbands leave the club as well ...
And for letting COnstantine walk out in the summer on a free.

oh hang on....

Iv really struggled to get excited but a player in these last few years and for the first time i think we as fans we really getting excited about Fredy.

All the best players are called Fredy
biggrin.gif

Back