• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Edward Snowden..

I applaud the rolling back of some of the gross snooping and opening the eyes of the blind to the listening that is going on but the revelations are NO surprise. And I do believe that Snowdon has been treasonous and possibly endangered security to a large degree.

There has not been any evidence that any terrorist activity has been stopped by the mass monitoring that goes on - Snowden is a brave man, opening the eyes to a world where Governments think they have a right to watch and listen to everything you, I and everyone says, does and thinks with the flimsiest excuse of protection.

There has not been any evidence that any terrorist activity has been stopped by the mass monitoring that goes on - Snowden is a brave man, opening the eyes to a world where Governments think they have a right to watch and listen to everything you, I and everyone says, does and thinks with the flimsiest excuse of protection.

That might be because you cant prove a negative.

Some may say that terrorist attacks have increased since he blew the whistle though

I applaud the rolling back of some of the gross snooping and opening the eyes of the blind to the listening that is going on but the revelations are NO surprise. And I do believe that Snowdon has been treasonous and possibly endangered security to a large degree.

And I happen to believe that Snowden,Julian Assange and (the somewhat conflicted) Sergeant Manning are all modern day heroes,who will come to be recognised as such by future generations.

That might be because you cant prove a negative.

Some may say that terrorist attacks have increased since he blew the whistle though

Any evidence for this claim? :unsure:

Interesting article on internet privacy here:-

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/26/un-navi-pillay-internet-privacy

Last edited:

...do you really expect these agencies to say we busted X terrorist plots this year because we monitored them doing Y?

...do you really expect these agencies to say we busted X terrorist plots this year because we monitored them doing Y?

Why not? So long as the plots have been foiled by phone hacking then the terrorists are already aware this method exists to catch them, so what could be compromised by saying that the NSA listened in on the plot?

Why not? So long as the plots have been foiled by phone hacking then the terrorists are already aware this method exists to catch them, so what could be compromised by saying that the NSA listened in on the plot?

I suspect the NSA etc. are much more sophisticated than that...

Back