• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EIEIEIO

bluearmy

Youth Team
Hi everyone

No, not another advert for BLUESTV. Just wanted to say well done to the boys today - thoroughly deserved win and just shows how good we are now to raise our game and knock 2 past 'em in the last 10.

Right, now who didn't get an IPOD for Xmas? I didnt
down.gif

However I went on this site the other day and signed up to get an IPOD photo 40GB for just £20.

I was a bit sceptical at first, but then gradually I have seen my name move up the list and it shouldn't be too long now before I receive one.

Basically this is the way it works. I pay £20 and get some crappy mobile phone boosters or a useless CD Rom...it's not important. My name then goes onto a list. Several other people then pay £20 to get on the same IPOD list. Once a certain number of people have paid the £20 we all move up a place until we reach the top and they ship the IPOD.

I guess every1 wins - they get £20 off every1 and we get the IPODs - everyone's a winner.

Anyway I now need help with my referrals. Basically I leapfrog one person every time I get a referral.

So if you'd like an IPOD for £20 then please check out this website

http://www.mobiles4all.com?ref=33000770

The 33000770 is my reference number and if you decide to do it, please use this number as it will help a fellow Shrimper move up the list.

Thanks...UTB

This is a variation on pyramid selling. Sure some people might get the ipod, but eventually there are a lot of people who will pay out the £20 and not get anything but the rubbish. Basically the problem is that the scheme runs out of punters (or is withdrawn) leaving the majority of people with nothing worth having.

Think about it, if it worked, they would be giving everyone an i-pod for £20 - so why not sell it for £20 in the first place?

Sorry Bluearmy, but I advise people to steer well clear.

More on Pyramid selling

Yes I understand your concerns - I felt the same ...but a Newsnight package reassured me and should you

go to www.bbc.co.uk/news - and tap in IPODS + Carver into the search button and watch the Newsnight report

Just trying to help people here get an IPOD for a decent price - that's all.

Its a pyramid scheme that must eventually end up with a lot of peolple receiving a piece of junk for £20 and nothing else when the scheme ends (i.e. runs out of people willing to send them £20 notes).

The adage goes "If it looks too good to be true, It usually is". Steer clear.

And please no more of these referral postings; every forum I go on is getting full up with them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Jan. 04 2005,08:06)]And please no more of these referral postings; every forum I go on is getting full up with them.
Traitor!

You should only go on Shrimperzone and nothing else!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just trying to help people here get an IPOD for a decent price - that's all.
I'm sorry but no, you're not. You're trying to get yourself further up the list to get your IPOD. You even said so yourself, even though you disguised it as a "Southend are getting promoted" post.

No offence bluearmy, but this isn't what the board is for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Jan. 04 2005,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just trying to help people here get an IPOD for a decent price - that's all.
I'm sorry but no, you're not. You're trying to get yourself further up the list to get your IPOD. You even said so yourself, even though you disguised it as a "Southend are getting promoted" post.

No offence bluearmy, but this isn't what the board is for.
Not at all SouthBankHank.

Firstly I did not disguise this as a "Southend are getting promoted post". If you look at the topic title - it says "EIEIEIO" - and subheading of "Fab Offer IPOD" - how can that be disguising something?

Secondly, I gave my comments about the Blues performance vs Kiddy and IPOD link in good faith...so naturally I am a little disappointed that it's been met with such criticism.

Thirdly, this forum is just that - a forum...for all posts.

I am genuinely trying to help out fellow supporters who may be interested in getting a cheap IPOD, and if I move up the list then all the better. People do not have to use my reference number if they don't want to.

I am sorry this topic has caused so much disharmony - I just thought it may cheer those who desperately want one, but can't afford one.

After all, the website address I gave to get a cheap IPOD, is currently selling on Ebay for £46. Yes...just the website address!

Thanks for reading and if anyone did take offence, then I apologise but please do not leave posts that are unfounded and misguided.

Back