• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finish line

• Total voters
Would we have to extend Pigotts load if it was the playoffs or is automatically here for them? If we had him and Corr fit for the semi's , I would fancy us against anyone..... then on to wembley against Luton with a sell out crowd.

If we play Luton in the final at Wembley, there would be a very big attendance for a League 2 play-off final. Would it be a record perhaps?

Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury have set a pretty high bar. 61,589 in 2007.

Admittedly, that was when Wembley had not long been re-opened so it is likely that there would have been a lot of people going who didn't support either team (e.g. I went to the FA Vase Final that year just to experience the new stadium and the crowd of over 30,000 that day suggests I wasn't the only one!)

Autos, have thought so for some time. There's nothing scary about those at the top, on our day, we are better than any of them.

For those that have us as autos, I hope you are correct. But what makes you think we are about to go on a better run than we have achieved all season. Or do you believe that a team above us is going to suddenly implode like Luton?

For those that have us as autos, I hope you are correct. But what makes you think we are about to go on a better run than we have achieved all season. Or do you believe that a team above us is going to suddenly implode like Luton?
The last bit. Shrewsbury are the best of them, Wycombe looked positively fragile at the back and I think other teams can exploit that, they are who I think will drop away (mind you that might also be because I can't bear their manager so it's more of a subliminal "hope"!).

Autos, have thought so for some time. There's nothing scary about those at the top, on our day, we are better than any of them.

LOL. We've played the current top 6 in 9 matches.

Our record is 1 Win, 5 Draws and 3 Losses.

We've got 3 remaining games against them, all away.

I don't think we're 'better than any of them' - we're 4th for a reason.

The last bit. Shrewsbury are the best of them, Wycombe looked positively fragile at the back and I think other teams can exploit that, they are who I think will drop away (mind you that might also be because I can't bear their manager so it's more of a subliminal "hope"!).

Wycombe are a lot better than Saturday showing at Roots. Equally Shrewsbury are the wrong team to be chasing as they will get enough points. I was talking to a Burton fan today and they are still worrying about missing out. I reckn if we get three points weds then their arses will go. Unless we get those 3 points then can't see us overhauling Wycombe or shrews. Burton will take the draw weds and so expect gratuitous time wasting after five minutes. :angry:

I have no ideas why Cricko closed the balloon thread. JC that was the funniest thread on chit chat in a long while

As to our chances here I think we have more chance of going around the world in 80 days than automatics. We need to be nimble to stand a chance. I am pumped up for it though.

LOL. We've played the current top 6 in 9 matches.

Our record is 1 Win, 5 Draws and 3 Losses.

We've got 3 remaining games against them, all away.

I don't think we're 'better than any of them' - we're 4th for a reason.

most common sense I've read on here for a while..
That said with 442 and Timlin in the middle then we have much more shape and chance to change things up.

I have no ideas why Cricko closed the balloon thread. JC that was the funniest thread on chit chat in a long while

As to our chances here I think we have more chance of going around the world in 80 days than automatics

It's the way things are going on here. You get a couple of threads that are active and before you know it they're shut. This place is getting quieter and quieter.

Should introduce a new rule - you might have lost, but you played jolly well, so you can have 3 points as well! You see, there's no need for tears.

That should only apply to teams with the letters DDEEHINNOSTTUU in their name.

Play-Offs and failure again I feel.

I just think there are at least 4 teams better than us.

Then again the Play-Offs are cup finals so anything can happen. But I am not confident at all of us doing the biz when it really matters.

Will love to be proven wrong of course.

*Might change my tune if we win at Burton though!

We need to beat at least two of the top six away from home while keeping our record against the other sides exemplary and hoping one or more of the top three slip up twice to go up automatically. That's a tall ask.

We'll know more by 9:50pm tomorrow, but I suspect taking two points from five games in October has probably put paid to our chances of an automatic berth this year and instead Brown needs to be finding a way to reverse our form against the sides we're competing for promotion with.

Back