• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread England v France, Saturday 10 December, 7pm, ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So's scadenfreude. :Winking:
See it’s not you saying you thought France would win that annoys people, it’s stuff like that.

Are you as quietly confident about France’s chances of beating Morocco, you know, as France are the better team? Or are you only interested when they play England?

I'm struggling to understand why he's getting grief over it.
It's mainly the "France were the better team" thing, we looked better than them for large portions of the match, much like Southend it was the finishing that let us down. If that was a league match you would have said a draw would have been a fair result, and indeed that's what it would have been if Kane hadn't skied his second penalty.

Once everything settles down, i think most people will agree that we (England) did again underperform.

We were drawn again with a comfortable group which we expected to win,we did.We knew we would play then the second best team from another group and we beat them as expected.
That was when we knew we would/should play one of the better/favourite WC teams.
I like a lot of people wrote/thought/said now this is where we will get problems (like Russia18 when we played the better teams).And so we did.
IMO,even if the ref had added another 15 minutes on,i dont think we would have scored.
We had more possession of the ball...but the French were more officiant and that won the game.
At H/T here in Germany the experts really got into GS tactics and the woman said to him "ive never seen you so annoyed " GS did change it somewhat second half,but sadly not enough.
Different thing..but when i put my radio on this morning to hear the reasons why we got beat (TALKSPORT)....honest...the First thing she said(that i heard) she said to TC..."but dont forget,in two years this team will be better"...i nearly through the thing out of the window....dont we ever learn

Last edited:
I really thought we had started to turn a corner, but last night it was the usual england team. Lots of hard work, possession and chances but just couldnt put them away. France had a couple of chances and put them away. Even if kane had put the second pen away I still couldnt see England beating france. Having seen england in last years final and the quality we have I cant believe we put on a lack lustre display. Dont know what the answer is, I think it's just how england will always be.

No but I'm pleased that the better team won."The truth is that England were beaten here by the better team, which is not to say that France played better on the night."

This is what I'm not getting. I always thought you were English? Either way, by that logic you will be pleased if Wrexham beat Southend.

Think we should have paid more attention to Griezmann than Mbappe but easy to say after the event. England result aside, I have really enjoyed watching the tournament.

This is what I'm not getting. I always thought you were English? Either way, by that logic you will be pleased if Wrexham beat Southend.
Would have liked to come over for the home match back in Sept. (I was haviing a couple of implants sorted in France).Would be pleasantly suprised if we manage to get anyting out of the away game.

Agreed.He's been outstanding in a midfield role for France in the games of theirs that I've seen so far in the WC.
How do you fancy their chances against Morocco? If they negotiate that one, do you think they can win the final? I thought they’d struggle, without Pogba and Kante.

Would have liked to come over for the home match back in Sept. (I was haviing a couple of implants sorted in France).Would be pleasantly suprised if we manage to get anyting out of the away game.
Yep, the away game. Wrexham are clearly a better team than Southend. The league table doesn't lie. By your logic, you will be pleased if they beat Southend, as the best team would have won.

How do you fancy their chances against Morocco? If they negotiate that one, do you think they can win the final? I thought they’d struggle, without Pogba and Kante.

One game at a time I think.FWIW.Morocco have proved against Spain and Portugal that they have a marvellous defence.But I'd still back France to beat them .TBH I'm rather more worried about what might happen in many French cities (not just Paris) if they don't.

One game at a time I think.FWIW.Morocco have proved against Spain and Portugal that they have a marvellous defence.But I'd still back France to beat them .TBH I'm rather more worried about what might happen in many French cities (not just Paris) if they don't.
Deschamps seems to be under a lot of pressure. Surely.. you’d think.. they’d have enough firepower to break Morocco down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back