• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Enough is enough...

Winkle

Manager
Steven tilson,  J. Agogo or G.Holt, either one ,it doesnt matter! If we do, we will go up (100% sure).go all out to sign one of these and make do with the squad we have got.

He is looking for Left Bk, but on offical websites, he is trying to find someone is better than we got, at least he is making loads of phone call, asking another club for their players but will the club let them go is another thing, take time.

He is hoping to bring in at least 3 new player in Jans, don't get on his back yet, look at the last 2 & half season, he did not panic buy, but get player which is right for the team & also fit with the group of SUFC players on & off pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 06 2006,17:10)]He is looking for Left Bk, but on offical websites, he is trying to find someone is better than we got, at least he is making loads of phone call, asking another club for their players but will the club let them go is another thing, take time.

He is hoping to bring in at least 3 new player in Jans, don't get on his back yet, look at the last 2 & half season, he did not panic buy, but get player which is right for the team & also fit with the group of SUFC players on & off pitch.
He sould have made these phonecalls before Jan 1st, so he can finalise things now, i fear Tilly has left this all a bit to late, to have a good transfer window!!

Yawn, yawn! Tilly, transfers, some hope, no hope, nothing changes.
suspect.gif

It really does amuse me that some of you seem to think you know what does and does not go on at the club. How do you know that Tilson hasn't made any calls before 1st January.

Name for me a manager with a better transfer record than Tilson. The players that he brings in add something to the squad but most importantly he does not panic, unlike some previous managers and some people on these boards. May I just remind you that we sit top of the table with some 20 games to go when I would have been pleased to merely stay in the division.

As I've said five times today January favours the sellers and the big clubs. We are neither!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 06 2006,19:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,18:48)]Name for me a manager with a better transfer record than Tilson.
Jose Mourinho ain't bad.  
biggrin.gif
I meant Southend manager, and wasn't defining "better" as cumulative total in sterling

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 06 2006,19:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,18:48)]Name for me a manager with a better transfer record than Tilson.
Jose Mourinho ain't bad.
biggrin.gif
Two words: Glen Johnson

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Jan. 06 2006,18:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 06 2006,17:10)]He is looking for Left Bk, but on offical websites, he is trying to find someone is better than we got, at least he is making loads of phone call, asking another club for their players but will the club let them go is another thing, take time.

He sould have made these phonecalls before Jan 1st, so he can finalise things now, i fear Tilly has left this all a bit to late, to have a good transfer window!!
Sorry, but except for the fact that you may be a member of his family, how would you know what he has been up to?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,19:48)]It really does amuse me that some of you seem to think you know what does and does not go on at the club. How do you know that Tilson hasn't made any calls before 1st January.

Name for me a manager with a better transfer record than Tilson. The players that he brings in add something to the squad but most importantly he does not panic, unlike some previous managers and some people on these boards. May I just remind you that we sit top of the table with some 20 games to go when I would have been pleased to merely stay in the division.

As I've said five times today January favours the sellers and the big clubs. We are neither!
There is no panic,I trust Tilly 100%, but what are you saying? Are you saying J.Agogo or G.holt wouldnt add anything to our squad? The fact is we are top, and have overachieved so far this season, so someone who can bang more goals in than we can concede would get us past the finishing line (promotion). If we was not sitting top of the league then yes, strengthen the areas we need cover for but personally I think we would be better splashing the cash on one decent centre forward and going for it! Most teams that come up seem to fall away if they dont get promoted again and it would be such a shame to waste all the effort the players have put in! Rotherham done it, but if you look at the stats to many teams who got promoted  had one mediocre season in div 1 , then the next season have struggled and found there self relegated.

He did indeed. To be fair, Ranieri's transfer record is better than Mourinho's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Jan. 06 2006,22:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,19:48)]It really does amuse me that some of you seem to think you know what does and does not go on at the club. How do you know that Tilson hasn't made any calls before 1st January.

There is no panic,I trust Tilly 100%, but what are you saying? Are you saying J.Agogo or G.holt wouldnt add anything to our squad? The fact is we are top, and have overachieved so far this season, so someone who can bang more goals in than we can concede would get us past the finishing line (promotion). If we was not sitting top of the league then yes, strengthen the areas we need cover for but personally I think we would be better splashing the cash on one decent centre forward and going for it! Most teams that come up seem to fall away if they dont get promoted again and it would be such a shame to waste all the effort the players have put in! Rotherham done it, but if you look at the stats to many teams who got promoted  had one mediocre season in div 1 , then the next season have struggled and found there self relegated.
Winkle. I don't disagree with what you say. I do however, disagree with how you say it. It simply isn't true that if we sign one of those two we will be 100% guaranteed promotion. If only it were that simple!

It also think that to put all our eggs in one basket and splash all the cash on one player is folly. What if he get's injured? We have to get players in that are value for money, and if we can't then we have to look elsewhere. That said, I bet Tilly has enquired about both of them. Just because it hasn't been made public doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Jan. 06 2006,23:27)]Jose Mourinho ain't bad.  
biggrin.gif
Two words: Glen Johnson[/quote]

Ranieri signed Glen Johnson though didn't he?  
rock.gif
[/quote]

Spot on. In fact, signed Ranieri many of Chelsea's current squad - Cech, Lampard, Joe Cole, Bridge and Duff to name but five (plus Gallas and Makelele I think, but I'm on shakier ground there).

Was chatting with a Chelsea mate the other day and he was saying that he didn't much rate Mourinho's record in the transfer market, citing the likes of Jarosik, Tiago, Ferreira and Drogba (the latter perhaps a bit unfair, but he did pay a LOT of money for him).

Mindful that this is Shrimpers Chit-Chat though....Ranieri's first ever game against England opposition was vs Southend in the Anglo-Italian Cupwhilst managing Fiorentina and Glen Johnson once scored a hat-trick against us in a FA Youth Cup tie!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 06 2006,23:37)]He did indeed. To be fair, Ranieri's transfer record is better than Mourinho's.
Yeah it was pretty good wasn't it. I liked Ranieri, would like to see him back in England.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Jan. 07 2006,10:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 06 2006,23:37)]He did indeed. To be fair, Ranieri's transfer record is better than Mourinho's.
Yeah it was pretty good wasn't it. I liked Ranieri, would like to see him back in England.
Perhaps we should sign him to replace Sir Tilson when he leaves us to replace Sir Alex at Manc Utd?.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,19:48)]Name for me a manager with a better transfer record than Tilson. The players that he brings in add something to the squad but most importantly he does not panic, unlike some previous managers and some people on these boards. May I just remind you that we sit top of the table with some 20 games to go when I would have been pleased to merely stay in the division.
The emphasis on how good Tilson & Brush have been in the transfer market can be summed up by where we are in the players used league table. The fact that we have used all 20 of our first team players at some point during the season and yet remain bottom of the players used table, is testament to their ability to buy shrewdly and not just get people in to make up the numbers... something that Walsall's manager may wish to note. They have used 36 players in this current campaign and are already the most active in this transfer window... and yet are only 12th in the table.

More details on this Here

Back