• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going tits up 89-4 with Lawrence doubtful through injury. Run rate going up and up.........hopes going out of the window? Bopara and ten Doeschate..........up to over eleven an over.:sad:

Looked so good in the power play...............a lucky run out of Ryder and everything fell to pieces.......105-6. Injured Lawrence out with a runner..........last hope saloon! :'(

162 for Notts. Generally good bowling apart from them taking on the young Walter. Fielding probably lost us a dozen runs but some brilliant catching. That total doesn't ensure us a victory but it does give us a pretty good chance........better than I thought we had. Take it calmly Essex, don't blow it in the power play.

I think Yeti will be disappointed with how he bowled. But, I've seen him play most games for Essex and he has a future I think. I like Silverwood and the team that is developing.

Another win and a nice 23 points lead now over second placed, Leicestershire, who are up next for us at Grace Road! :cool:

I notice the last match is away at Kent, so could be a title decider in September.

Another win and a nice 23 points lead now over second placed, Leicestershire, who are up next for us at Grace Road! :cool:

I notice the last match is away at Kent, so could be a title decider in September.

Just goes to show what getting rid of a coach past his sell-by date achieves.

In fairness YB , Silverwood got a lot of flak before the season started from certain quarters, glad he has made them choke on their words, hope PB can do the same at RH

UTE

In fairness YB , Silverwood got a lot of flak before the season started from certain quarters, glad he has made them choke on their words, hope PB can do the same at RH

UTE

I don't think Silverwood got any flak: that was at the board for being insular again not looking outside the club. He wouldn't have been my choice on that basis but I was prepared to wait and see what if he could be the breath of fresh air that was so desperately needed and it seems he largely has been. I think he's been more competent than brilliant but there seems logic in his moves and unlike his predecessor he seems to have a plan which in turn allows us to dream. Hopefully he can get us up and continue the improvements in the game of the likes of Westley and Micklebrugh whilst bringing the likes of Lawrence and Walter on.

Doesn't look like it in the B&H Cup but would love to be proved wrong by one final Napier hurrah.

the pitch looks like it will spin so we pick no front line spinners then, not surprisingly, can't play spin!
i don't much care about limited overs crap but it does annoy me that Essex constantly ignore such an important part of the game and can't play it.
Given any one of the 3 i'd take promotion any day of any week, and if we became a consistent Div 1 side maybe we'd lose less of these games as we keep getting through the group and losing to the first or second D1 county we play

Much rather win the t20 blast than get promoted, more ££

True, but the amount of time we have been in Division Two of the County Championship is an embarrassment. Especially with Middlesex looking good at the top of Division One :thumbdown:

I'd much rather get promoted than win the T20 blast.

Far better chance of retaining our players and not losing them like we did with Topley, Mills, Foakes, Wheater etc

I'd much rather get promoted than win the T20 blast.

Far better chance of retaining our players and not losing them like we did with Topley, Mills, Foakes, Wheater etc

I would argue we lost them because we couldn't afford to pay the wages they wanted.

Good to see Cook back for the next two games anyway, I was surprised that he didn't play a part in the One Day game last week.

I would argue we lost them because we couldn't afford to pay the wages they wanted.

Good to see Cook back for the next two games anyway, I was surprised that he didn't play a part in the One Day game last week.

The way a cricketer gets the big wages is by getting international recognition (well at least in England, that's obviously not true in West Indies, NZ etc) and a central contract.

I have vague recollections of at least one of them turning down the same wages and saying it wasn't for money but for career opportunity. Does that ring any bells with anyone? Maybe Foakes as he wanted the gloves or maybe Mills as Sussex aren't a test ground.

But yes, good to see Cook back and hopefully that should give us the impetus to get us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back