• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a few pics online, there seems to be a fair crowd in! :thumbsup:

The trusty failing night watchman tried at the end, there!

Still, not a bad opening day.

Anderson, tomorrow morning, could be a handful.

sounds like we let them off from what I read.
I think if you lose the toss and bowl first you should be happy with the oppo getting just over 300. Yes it's disappointing they got 319 in the first innings of the season but I bet that pitch isn't like early season pitches used to be.

Losing 2 early wickets isn't great but it happens. Overall very level day by the sounds of it but Wheater has cost us a few with a missed stumping but that's the chance you take picking a batsman to keep over the best keeper ever.

To be fair I'm just delighted that the cricket is back and very sad that I live in London and therefore can't actually get to Chelmsford to watch much. I ****ing love First Class cricket. Defo need to sort out a visit or 7 this season

21st April at Lords 'Bearded'.

Aiming to go possibly on the 4th day (Monday) if there's enough cricket left.

In trouble heading into day 4. 89-2 a notional 389 more to win, more realistically we need to bat all day to avoid defeat, difficult task but not impossible, especially if Lancs keep dropping Westley like they did twice tonight

Don't want to jinx this but keep going boys 174-2, listening to the match on the radio, keep it going

Can see young Danny Lawrence in the England set up soon, now playing in the top division
UTS/UTE :happy:

Nicely balanced, this.

We've seen off the initial threat of the second new ball, after those couple of wickets.

33 overs to survive with 5 wickets intact.

Great effort this by Dan Lawrence.

Up against Jimmy Anderson, as well.

Quality stuff!

About 15 minutes before they can agree a draw, so I think we are safe! :thumbsup:

Superb stuff from Dan Lawrence.

Great to see a teenager batting out the day to save a match.

Also good to see his fellow teen, Aaron Beard outbowling Jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back