• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable result

Well done Harmer and Essex

Sadly think the aging Warwicks team has now to start again with youth and blood them now

Take a bow Essex! :Worthy::Worthy:

What a win!

And what an effort from Simon Harmer:Worthy:
66 overs:omg: with hardly a break

Considering we were missing both opening bowlers and one of our best batsmen and had to battle through the heat that counts as one of our best wins in a long time. Warwickshire are **** but we still had to win and we did so decisively.

I'm starting to dream....

Right, Lancs have now beaten Hants, so I think the top three is :-

Essex 114
Lancs 100
Yorks 89

We're only half way through the season...

...and joint favourites now with Yorkshire. But it is still a wide-open race.

I loved that Warwickshire win - a good sign of a champion side is swatting aside the strugglers and we, to borrow a phrase from David Lloyd, flippin' murdered 'em.

...and joint favourites now with Yorkshire. But it is still a wide-open race.

I loved that Warwickshire win - a good sign of a champion side is swatting aside the strugglers and we, to borrow a phrase from David Lloyd, flippin' murdered 'em.

The good news is we're probably clear of relegation now.

Wagner has given his all for us, but has still taken his wickets at 40-45 odd. if Amir gets them at 25 odd we should win this.

Annoying to lose Westley for (half) the Middlesex game

Just wanting to get your thoughts on the day / night fixtures and pink ball?

I'm a bit of a traditionalist at heart, Personally I like a 11am start and making a full day of it.

But I can also see the counter arguments of the benefits too (if it raises the awareness of the game and brings in more supporters, that can pop by after work etc). And it kinda makes sense at this time of year, when the sun doesn't set to around 21:30.

What do you think?

Yay or Nay?

I'm a bit of a traditionalist at heart, Personally I like a 11am start and making a full day of it.

But I can also see the counter arguments of the benefits too (if it raises the awareness of the game and brings in more supporters, that can pop by after work etc). And it kinda makes sense at this time of year, when the sun doesn't set to around 21:30.

What do you think?

Yay or Nay?

I do like a bit of tradition too, but I think this is worth a go. And we seem to have started well today!

Should Essex lose, I will change my opinion entirely. :winking:

Incidentally, if the red ball is colloquially referred to as 'the cherry', what will we call the pink'un?

I do like a bit of tradition too, but I think this is worth a go. And we seem to have started well today!

Incidentally, if the red ball is colloquially referred to as 'the cherry', what will we call the pink'un?

The Lychee

lychee-510435_640.jpg

What do you think?

Yay or Nay?

I love the idea of day/night fixtures.

Had Surrey or Middlesex been at home today I'd have gone and watched them after work as a neutral.

This opens up the county championship to fans with jobs.

The FT.

Nobby?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back