• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

159 All Out! :sad: Not even a single batting point. Lets just hope we can give as good as we got, when our bowlers come on.

2 down already, pathetic. Good bowling pitch?

Think we need lead of 200+ at least. Can't see it at this rate

Shame it was rained off early today, I felt we were building a nice healthy lead under Browne & Wheater. The weather currently looks horrid for tomorrow, so I don't know if we will see much more play on Wednesday. Sadly I think "mother nature" will decide this match as a draw.

What we do know currently though is, that our closest rivals Lancashire, have already gained at least 5 points on us at this stage....And look in a very comfortable for a win.

Shame it was rained off early today, I felt we were building a nice healthy lead under Browne & Wheater. The weather currently looks horrid for tomorrow, so I don't know if we will see much more play on Wednesday. Sadly I think "mother nature" will decide this match as a draw.

What we do know currently though is, that our closest rivals Lancashire, have already gained at least 5 points on us at this stage....And look in a very comfortable for a win.

I would expect Lancashire to win that game. Ours, looking at the forecast, will be a draw. Such a result would put us 25 points clear.

But we couldn't afford to lose next week. I wonder if we'll go hell for leather on Thursday and put on a quick 100 to try and win.

Difficult choice for me..Obviously hoping for a win, yet expecting a draw.

Losing to the Lancs wouldn't be the end of the world. I reckon it will come down to the Warwickshire game & then having both Cook & Westley back for Hampshire & Yorkshire.

As it stands on the table, we have about a game in hand, over our challengers.

Looks like we'll get a brief bit of play Hopefully get to a 200 lead today

Back