• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Not mad on cricket, but I always follow the Essex results. A friend who was there said instead of coming away from the ground happy, he was fuming because of what the very selfish Westley had done. He said him and all those around him in the main stand couldn't wait to applaud Chopra for his well deserved ton, and it would have made the end so much better. He said everyone was angry about it, with some shouts aimed at Westley. He said he denied Chopra and the crowd.

Westley possibly denied a century by a team-mate very next match. Run out for 88. Think he was batting with Dan Lawrence rather than Chopra.

Westley possibly denied a century by a team-mate very next match. Run out for 88. Think he was batting with Dan Lawrence rather than Chopra.

The difference was that that almost definitely wasn't deliberate. Whereas Westley denying Chopra was, after now watching for myself the end of the match against Glamorgan on the Essex site.
Anyway, at least going through is in the hands of Essex. I'm told the crowd will be loud and wild against Kent on Wednesday, as apparently it always is in any short version of the game against that County. Come on Essex.

125 off of 88 balls for Ravi Bo.

An innings of two halves as he scored 35 off his first 44 balls and 90 off the second 44 balls:Worthy:

Comfortable victory in the end by 153 runs, and at least we have the home qualifier.

29/6

Disappointing that we haven't yet got revenge on them for one of the (many) low lights of the Grayson regime and bowled them out for under 20.

Easy win made to look hard:omg:i can see us hitting the target with 7 wickets down:unsure:

Phew... when tds walked, my heartbeat went up a notch again.

Another win & 22 points on the board.

UTE
:happy:

I took today off work to recover from my stag do, much needed. One positive result was that I got to watch a great game of cricket and a great win for Essex

Up to second (for now). I still can't help to think where we might have been if we got a win against Yorkshire in the 1st game of the season.

I'm guessing we are hoping for a draw in the Somerset V Notts match.

We now have 2 tough home match's on the trot in June, against Nott's and Somerset, hopefully we can get the wins and the table will look a lot better, in terms of closing the gap on the leaders and putting some distance between us and the relegation teams.

RTD has been given a 2 match ban for some altercation at Old Trafford so misses the QF and the SF is successful :omg:

Back